Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Defect

Defect

Hi guys,

I just got a defect on Saturday at Great Ocean Road for too low and too stiff. I just put in my stock suspension today and was going to get a road worthy at Kmart Tyre and Auto Service BUT the guy there says I should put my stock airbox back instead of keeping the SRI in. Problem with putting the stock airbox back in is that I'm missing a tube which is for the emissions I think. I'm pretty sure Autobahn and stuff don't have it and to order it from Honda, it's going to take 2-4 weeks to arrive which is way too long.

Do you guys think they'll check my engine bay?

Here's a pic of what I'm missing:

Edit: It's a major that's why I need a roady.

Garden hose....

Its only a breather pipe, + Im guessing you'll put the whale penis back on anyway?
    Problem?

FFamily

Yeah, it's a breather hose thingy said the guy. It's half metal half rubber though. Or Vic Roads won't actually check, as long as it's a hose connecting the two?

And yes, I'm just gonna put my intake back on afterwards anyways :\ ANY HOSE WILL DO? Silicon hose or something?

Quote Originally Posted by euRo_noob View Post
    Hi guys,

I just got a defect on Saturday at Great Ocean Road for too low and too stiff. I just put in my stock suspension today and was going to get a road worthy at Kmart Tyre and Auto Service BUT the guy there says I should put my stock airbox back instead of keeping the SRI in. Problem with putting the stock airbox back in is that I'm missing a tube which is for the emissions I think. I'm pretty sure Autobahn and stuff don't have it and to order it from Honda, it's going to take 2-4 weeks to arrive which is way too long.

Do you guys think they'll check my engine bay?

Here's a pic of what I'm missing:

Edit: It's a major that's why I need a roady.
    I passed a roadworthy with a Cold Air intake and he's not letting you pass with an SRI?
    WTF.... i have this breather pipe you seek, you may borrow it for your roadworthy if you wish...
    PM me if you need

Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    I passed a roadworthy with a Cold Air intake and he's not letting you pass with an SRI?
    WTF.... i have this breather pipe you seek, you may borrow it for your roadworthy if you wish...
    PM me if you need
    Yeah, I didn't even get defected for the SRI but he wants me to put it back to stock anyways zzzz.
    Luckily I JUST found my breather pipe. Thanks a lot though WATAJK; would've been my life saver.
    Now, for the Vic Roads bit, do I gotta call and book it in or can I just show up and throw some rocks at the anal c*nts -_-

(Going to get the road worthy tomorrow morning hopefully)

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    u do know they are only doing that to cover their asses as they will be the ones copping it if something happens and you try to blame them.
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Quote Originally Posted by euRo_noob View Post
    Yeah, I didn't even get defected for the SRI but he wants me to put it back to stock anyways zzzz.
    Luckily I JUST found my breather pipe. Thanks a lot though WATAJK; would've been my life saver.
    Now, for the Vic Roads bit, do I gotta call and book it in or can I just show up and throw some rocks at the anal c*nts -_-

(Going to get the road worthy tomorrow morning hopefully)
    Was it a minor or major?
    Minor you can rock up, show them the roadworthy and thats it (well thats what happened for me)
    But i think the laws have changed now, might pay dude to just give them a bell or go VERY early in the morning, like opening time.
    Booking saves you the hassle of a long ass wait, just make sure your on time.

Let us know how you go.

Quote Originally Posted by Riced_Civic View Post
    u do know they are only doing that to cover their asses as they will be the ones copping it if something happens and you try to blame them.
    Of course, i agree with you on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Riced_Civic View Post
    Yeah, I understand that so that's why I'm not trying to go to another place cause it'd be the same/they'd just give me a roady and if they check up on the intake, I'd get my ass owned and gotta get another roady anyways.

Was it a minor or major?
    Minor you can rock up, show them the roadworthy and thats it (well thats what happened for me)
    But i think the laws have changed now, might pay dude to just give them a bell or go VERY early in the morning, like opening time.
    Booking saves you the hassle of a long ass wait, just make sure your on time.

Let us know how you go.

Of course, i agree with you on that.

It's a major -_-
    I gave Vic Roads a call and they said just rock up with the roady and take a number and wait... But yeah, I'll update this tomorrow to see how it goes.

Thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3
    PM me if you need
    Why the shock? For all you know, he could have had an exposed and unsecured pod as an SRI? It would also be a lot more obvious than a CAI tucked away in the wheel well.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    In vic we can have one intake mod, so u can get away with any form of intake mod, but what baffles me is why the trouble of going back to oem air box :S

Plenty of ppl have passed rwc with pods an that, even me.... just make sure the intake system is very secure and held with thick brackets...

Use garden hoses as said, or go to bursons or auto-one an get power steering hoses, or better yet go to clark rubber, they should have what ur looking for
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    In vic we can have one intake mod, so u can get away with any form of intake mod, but what baffles me is why the trouble of going back to oem air box :S

Plenty of ppl have passed rwc with pods an that, even me.... just make sure the intake system is very secure and held with thick brackets...

Use garden hoses as said, or go to bursons or auto-one an get power steering hoses, or better yet go to clark rubber, they should have what ur looking for
    In Vic, you cant have any mods.

But if you read the thread he found his breather hose
    Problem?

FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxer View Post
    In Vic, you cant have any mods.

But if you read the thread he found his breather hose
    i see hahaha, but in saying so, im pretty sure u can have one intake mod

" (a) Open element or pod type air cleaners on
    carburetted vehicles are not permitted.

(b) Dry element pod type air cleaners are permitted on EFI vehicles. Oiled, oil-soaked or
    fluid-treated elements are not permitted. Anysensors integral to the original system must
    be retrofitted to the same approximate location."

http://epanote2.epa.vic.gov.au/EPA/publications.nsf/2f1c2625731746aa4a256ce90001cbb5/c90ec843f3bbbe8fca256d9f00181c59/$FILE/1031.pdf
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC