Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    hahahahhahahahah yeah
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    While these are not the best possible consumption figures, under the circumstances they give a good indication of what might be possible. When I left home this morning I had done 173 kms of local driving at an indicated 8.9 L/100, Therefore it is impossible to take these figures as best possible. If I had the balls to trust the trip computer i could have got just over 1000km on the tank, but I just wasn't game to push the limits. I filled up after 983kms - 64.06 Litres = 6.52 L/100. The computer was reading 43km to empty.

That was using BP 95. I filled up using Vortex 98 & i will report the outcome later this week, Hopefully I will be able to pass the magic 1,000km on a tank.

It is way too early to get a true average fuel consumption figure, but to date I have travelled 2,309kms using 154.76 Lts for an average of 6.7 L/100. Personally I like to wait around 10,000km to get a true average figure.
    Last edited by buddah51au; 20-12-2011 at 08:57 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY12 CU2 Auto
    I said I would update today when i got home, after driving around the block a few times I was able to crack the 1,000km on a tank, just. the figure are 1002 kms, 66.05 Lts = 6.6 L/100. A little disappointing to be honest in that there is no apparent difference between BP 95 & Vortex 98. I will add that the last 300km was into a 30 knot headwind & the last 100km was in heavy rain, so I believe this did make a difference.

I have always thought that 1000km on a tank was feasible if there was a service station in the right area & I finally did it.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    ..... A little disappointing to be honest in that there is no apparent difference between BP 95 & Vortex 98....
    Try BP Ultimate....

What about shell optimax?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2009 Accord Euro Standard
    Shell shouldn't be taken near any decent car

sorry, i'm newbie here but why we should get away from shell? i've been using them

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by CU2 Euro 09 View Post
    Shell shouldn't be taken near any decent car
    +1.I agree

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux
    7 eleven fuel all the way (y) their 98 octane is cheap as well. cheaper than BPs 95 when you compare it to the same e10 prices on the day.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    From my own experience in different cars I've found Shell fuel to decrease the engine performance and also degrade the economy. IMO it's a low quality petrol. Even their supposed "premium' fuel is of low quality when comparing how the driving of the car feels to other fuels. It's easy to prove, just try different tanks of petrol and take notice of how the engine responds and your economy figures.

I prefer BP Ultimate and Caltex Vortex. Some people go on about there not being any noticeable difference in 95 or 98 petrol but I disagree. The higher octane fuels have additives that help keep the engine clean. How can that be bad for you car? Besides why put in poor quality Shell fuel if you have access to quality fuel.

I have got over 900kms out of a tank of 98RON petrol. There's only one man alive that has got over 1000kms apparently.

thanks for the explanation. i just bought cu2 lux navi 3 weeks ago and have refilled twice full tank already on the shell optimax. most i got on efficiency is 600km. I'm on the third full tank of shell optimax now and will try the vortex 98 on my next refuel. so betweem bp ultimate and caltex 98 which is better?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    BP Ultimate and Caltex Vortex 98 are both very similar in quality and it would be hard to say for sure. For me it's usually BP Ultimate, though that's because it's close by to my driving routes. I alternate between the two. Your style of driving is always a big factor but you'll notice a difference from Shell just going to a BP or Caltex 95RON variety.