Newcomer Array
    Car:
    coupe

Rear Brake Conversion

Hi all! I'm thinking of converting my rear drum brakes to disk. I've got a 98 civic coupe and rear disk brakes from an integra DC2(complete with trailing arm, cables etc.) Do I need anything else to make this work? I'm sure someones done a similar conversion. Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    yes i have lol...

from what i remember, u might also need the 1 inch master cylinder and booster from the dc2, which improves the braking, which i replaced, but im sure u can also retain ur standard 15/16 master cylinder and also the booster, as well as the prop valve.

other wise, everything else, the rta, disc calipers an that simply bolt on fine...

And the abs plugs are interchangeable between dc2 and ek

Dc2 hand brake lines are slightly shorter, so the brackets that hold the hand brake line wont line up properly, i just simple removed the brackets as i couldnt be bothered sourcing out ek lines, but other wise everything else is fine

Once u have it all fitted up, remember to bleed it properly, and although the abs light will light up, once u bleed the system, the light should go away.
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    not really an uncommon swap dude.

Just google it. all the info is reposted and reposted all over the internet,
    to see all of my build, checkout

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    coupe
    thanx mate! I'll do the conversion this weekend.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    good shit
    to see all of my build, checkout