Banned Array
    Car:
    R34 GTR Vspec

best speakers for clarity plus bass???

hey guys, i just wondering what some good speakers are. i dont want to be running a sub or an amp. but i want a clean sound with nice bass. a mate of mine has a a set of speakers from overseas (no brand) and they are awsome. he has no sub or amp, but gets a nice clear sound with lots off bass even when the volume is up high.

my speaker sizes are 4x6 all round but i should be able to modify some 6.5s in there. do i need midbass speakers for what im after? and do they come in those sizes? im a noob with all this stuff, just need some help.

thanks guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    its always better to buy mid range speakers and mid range amp then to get the best speakers and run it of the headunit because its only gonna get a quater of the power needed. get a nice set of 6.5inch splits for the front they sound loud with some "bass" u will also need mdf spacers for the front doors as the window will hit the speaker magnet when closed. get a set of 6x9s for the rear only problem is ull need to either cut out bits of the real parcel shelf or run ugly speaker mounts. or if u arent bothered to do that get some 5inch speakers dont get 6.5s for the rear cause u have to cut the parcel shelf a bit aswell

Member Array
    Car:
    EG Hatch
    The install, not the speakers would have a bigger impact on how much bass & clarity you get out of your speakers, meaning:
    - Solid mounting via speaker rings.
    - Application of a CLD (dynamat, stinger roadkill) on outer skin, inner skin can help too.
    - Amplification with clean power to avoid clipping.
    - Diffusers behind drivers, such as dynaxorb.
    - Speakers wired in phase (not one side back to front).

Even that will make a big improvement on your current speakers, and would really "wake up" any new speaker compared to one simply installed and run off the headunit.

Not what you wanna hear, but it's what works

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18C7
    if what you want is clarity and bass without an amp . I dont think you'll be able to achieve that , maybe during softer volumes but deff not during loud instances . If your running the speakers straight from your headunit . Itll start distorting because your headunit wasnt meant to be powering speakers or subs . I mean , no doubt it can but amplifiers were made specifically to give power to speakers and subs , leaving the headunit alone to go about its business .

I suggest Rockford Fosgate . Its not the cheapest but definitely one of the best in car audio . Im using the matching amplifier for it , giving it the right amount of power . the gain on the amplifier is only set on half . my headunits volume can only go to 30 and with this set up
    i can blast it to 25 , and it still attains CRISP sound with BASS . no distortion what so ever .

If everything is wired right , even if its a unknown brand . tuned properly , youll be laughing .
    im running :
    http://www.elite-electronics.com.au/...roducts_id=565
    component speakers and the matching rockford 6x9's at the back .

component speakers or "Splits" are your best bet for quality , mid bass and lows .

its split into 3 parts . the tweeter . only plays highs and your woofer . playing the mids and lows . the box" or crossover feeds the information from your headunit to the speakers to play what instrument from your music .
    If its a constant high hat sound , itll only play that , etc etc .

6x9's were made as an alternative to subwoofers for people that want the space or are on a low budget .
    they play the same frequencies and can mimick the same sound waves . I have my bass turned off but you can clearly still hear it .

for a quality , crisp and clear sound system . you cant leave anything out . Everything has to work in harmony .

Your speakers will only go so far , wiring and tuning is your biggest key .

if you want more info pm me , good luck !
    " MY VTECC GOES BWAHHHHHHHH BAHHHHHHH BWA BWA BWAAHHHHHHH "

Quote Originally Posted by joeyybruh View Post
    if what you want is clarity and bass without an amp . I dont think you'll be able to achieve that , maybe during softer volumes but deff not during loud instances . If your running the speakers straight from your headunit . Itll start distorting because your headunit wasnt meant to be powering speakers or subs . I mean , no doubt it can but amplifiers were made specifically to give power to speakers and subs , leaving the headunit alone to go about its business .

I suggest Rockford Fosgate . Its not the cheapest but definitely one of the best in car audio . Im using the matching amplifier for it , giving it the right amount of power . the gain on the amplifier is only set on half . my headunits volume can only go to 30 and with this set up
    i can blast it to 25 , and it still attains CRISP sound with BASS . no distortion what so ever .

If everything is wired right , even if its a unknown brand . tuned properly , youll be laughing .
    im running :
    http://www.elite-electronics.com.au/...roducts_id=565
    component speakers and the matching rockford 6x9's at the back .

component speakers or "Splits" are your best bet for quality , mid bass and lows .

its split into 3 parts . the tweeter . only plays highs and your woofer . playing the mids and lows . the box" or crossover feeds the information from your headunit to the speakers to play what instrument from your music .
    If its a constant high hat sound , itll only play that , etc etc .

6x9's were made as an alternative to subwoofers for people that want the space or are on a low budget .
    they play the same frequencies and can mimick the same sound waves . I have my bass turned off but you can clearly still hear it .

for a quality , crisp and clear sound system . you cant leave anything out . Everything has to work in harmony .

Your speakers will only go so far , wiring and tuning is your biggest key .

if you want more info pm me , good luck !
    Nice post... UnTil I saw 6x9s....

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    why anti 6x9?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    1st, agree with RAD. just to add to his post, if you want some midbass punch then make sure you SEAL those service holes.

2nd, you havnt given us a budget to work with.. nor have you mentioned if you're looking for coaxils (for a more straight forward & cheaper install) or splits/components (if you are, are you prepared to pay more for the tweeter to be installed in your desired location?). we could suggest brand x, y or z but thats not very helpful...

3rd, if youre happy with the performance of your friends speakers, ask him what he has and what he's done install-wise.

4th, where abouts in melbourne are you? call, email or pop into phatt audio concepts, frankston car audio or riverside customs. make sure you have an idea of what your budget is, and what youre prepared to do to your interior. the guys will ask you all that & more anyway.

www.phattaudio.com.au
    www.frankstoncaraudio.com.au
    www.riversidecustoms.com.au

and 5th, i like to count
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

Member Array
    Car:
    CIVIC
    mobile electronics australia is the website you're looking for:
    http://www.mobileelectronics.com.au/forums/

RAD is on the money, 6x9s are just cheap bass, why have them at all if you have a sub/amp?

Rockford fosgate is not the best, they're not even made in USA anymore and you don't really need to match brands. You can mix and match and then tune it correctly so it won't die. But car audio is not a cheap game, buy cheap and nasty and that's what you'll end up with

6x9s are not meant to be quality speakers as the shape of them simply doesn't permit for them to sound good. As mentioned them are designed for cheap and nasty bass. Don't put them in at all if you're running a sub. Actually don't put them in at all !