Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic eg

eg6 brake master

hey guys for a eg6 brake master and trying to fit it onto my eg4 . i can't get the line to fit (rear line) onto the brake booster .. it seems the eg6 brake booster has a smaller hole then my eg4 brake booster? anyone know a way around this? do i have to change lines?

thanks
    world of sikaflex (:

you mean the rear line (closest to the firewall) to fit onto the MASTER CYLINDER (not the brake booster) ?

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic eg
    um yeah the rear line closest to firewall . yeah the thing that i put the fluids into ? is that the booster or master cylinder? but yeah either way the rear line goes into that and i can't get it in. thanks
    world of sikaflex (:

are u sure it's 100% lined up ? Spray abut of degreaser around the nut and wipe it to clean any excess brake fluid off too
    Try loosening off the brake booster from the back ( pedal side) to give some play and easier to line up the lines - also remember to use your fingers to try and get it to bite before using a flare nut wrench to tighten , you can easily round the edges so be careful

Banned Array
    Car:
    [|-|]
    Yeah should def line up. Can be tricky to install but take your time and it should go on.

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic eg
    hm okay thanks for the help guys much appreciated. the dude i bought it off reckons because i got a eg4 (drums) lines might be smaller or something.. but yeah i dunno just wanna get the eg6 master cylinder in because my brakes are quite soft at the moment
    world of sikaflex (:

Size only differes if the master cylinder is off a ABS model
    For example a dc2 or dc4 master cylinder/booster will fit fine as the lines are the same

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic EK
    yeah i was with him when we tried to fit it...

the line furthest away from the firewall fits in fine, but the line closest to the firewall i looked at the size of the nut and its actually bigger than the hole itself on the eg6 bmc...

What proportioner are you using ?
    I'd consider to source an actual rear hard line from a eg5 or dc2 or dc4 etc

Member Array
    Car:
    honda civic eg
    um proportioner? whats that? yeah my friend suggested that we might go check the wreckers and find a rear hard line from one of them. thanks
    world of sikaflex (: