Thread: Wiring

Member Array

Wiring

Whats the best way to feed wires through the cabin into the doors?

thanks.
    car is an eg.

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    Get a metal wire or a strong plastic tube, attach the wire to the end and tape it good then just push it threw till it gets threw might take a few tries

Member Array
    Have you done this/

I may be wrong, but from my understanding undeneith the rubber may be a plug on the chassis side /opposite the door.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Two options in most cars that will work dependint on if you have electrics in your door.

Option 1: If there are not electrics in your door whats so ever and there is no rubber tube (i think its called a gromet) then you will need a few things.
    • Drill
    • Grommet
    • Metal File

Basically what you need to do is get a drill with a big drill bit wouldnt go any less then 10" but remember your gromet will need to fit nice and snug so it has to be that size max.

Drill two holes one in the door one in the car so they line up pretty much perfect. Becareful especially on the drivers side (as the fuse box is there) you dont just keep going when as you may start cutting wires.

Then you get the grommet it basically should just fit snug in there without movement and you may want to put silicon so water doesnt get in etc.

Then you get a peice of something thin but strong and possibly bendable depending on the grommet used tape the cable up and pull it through your door.

Option 2:

If you have a grommet then you get a peice of something thin but strong and possibly bendable depending on the grommet used tape the cable up and pull it through your door.

Hope this helps

P.S. hope you only have to use option 2 for your sake lol

Member Array
    Thanks marquee for the suggestion, ill be giving that a shot. Just worried that there is a plug there as opposed to just simply wires.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Are you installing central locking?

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by kcokla View Post
    Thanks marquee for the suggestion, ill be giving that a shot. Just worried that there is a plug there as opposed to just simply wires.
    If there is a plug either fit new pins in the plug or drill holes through the plug on the female and male end so you can feed the wires through the plug, ill post some pics up of my ek when i finish work so you know what i mean.

Edit: So heres the pic of the Ek plug

Assuming your running higher gauge speaker cable, drill out 2 empty pins that are next to each other then run the cable through the grommet and through the drilled plug. Ive drawn where i ran and drilled mine on the pic.

If your running wiring for central locking,power windows ect, drill the ammount of holes you need or add new pins. If the cable if low enough gauge you could just feed it through empty slots on the plug without drilling.
    Last edited by TbM; 18-12-2011 at 06:15 AM.
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Im actually installing folding mirrors from an eg6.
    I've read that guys in the US would just add 2 wires to the existing wiring setup for power mirrors - but ive actually created/wired up everything from scratch so ive got alot of wires.

They work and everything but its just putting thme on the car is the hard part.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Ok on the side wires go into the blug they are stuck down by metal clamp type things. Get a really small flat head in there and uou can pull them out.

Remember to take photos or label correctly so you can put it back in the right way

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    If your talking about from the engine bay through the firewall into the interior, usually if you look around you will find a rubber grommet which is used to feed the stock wires into the interior, just have a look between them to see where they come out in the interior. You can then slit the grommet then use the good old stretched clothes hanger trick, tape the wire at the end of the hanger and feed it through.