Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leads...

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route

Leads...

Hey guys, i would like to invest in some good leads. the other day i saw a set of leads on a s2000. they ended with 'OY'. i believe they where from the u.s. he said performance gains where significant. up to a 5kw gain!! i got priced on spoon ones, they where maybe a bit too much.

your thoughts, experience?

Member Array
    Car:
    Red Rocket SSV
    Saturday at the Adelaide DynoDay we had a lil test to see what leads would do what with my 99 DC2-R,

with aftermarket japanese "Super Power Five Core Leads" 9.5mm ignition leads the ITR pulled 110.4kw @wheels

with OEM STANDARD DC2-R ignition leads, the ITR pulled 111.1kw @wheels

now this is a DC2-R, which is renouned for its already highly fine tuned engine, so aftermarket leads may help increase power in other cars/ other engines.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    doubt it

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route
    Quote Originally Posted by mr crex
    Saturday at the Adelaide DynoDay we had a lil test to see what leads would do what with my 99 DC2-R,

with aftermarket japanese "Super Power Five Core Leads" 9.5mm ignition leads the ITR pulled 110.4kw @wheels

with OEM STANDARD DC2-R ignition leads, the ITR pulled 111.1kw @wheels

now this is a DC2-R, which is renouned for its already highly fine tuned engine, so aftermarket leads may help increase power in other cars/ other engines.
    fairplay mate but, on a b16a i dont think it would be the same case. however, in the case of a power GAIN, it was tested on a s2k! im sure that has the same 'refined tuning' as a ITR

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    we're telling you its a waste, its obvious you've made up your own mind already

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    i think it would be the same case, OEM leads are better than alot of aftermarket leads.

also heard a story of the same thing Mr CRX said, with a H22A1 Engine, OEM leads made more power than aftermarket leads. the test was done with old OEM leads compared to some new after market leads

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route
    Quote Originally Posted by ProECU
    doubt it
    instead of using two words as a reply, at least try using the 'quote' option. it was quite easy to think you where saying 'doubt it' to mr crex...

thanks anyway.

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    good point

Use OEM or similar leads. The only reason you would gain power would be if your current leads where buggered.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 & CL9
    ive just put in ngk oem replacements in my EK, couldnt be happier. saved myself quite a bit of $$$ from not buying original factory leads.
    Last edited by D16Y; 03-03-2005 at 10:27 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude Type S
    i havent seen proof that lead increase power, if so post the site up or a pic of the dyno and i will go buy myself one too

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 & CL9
    i wasnt in it for the power increase, notice how i said OEM replacement? just needed new ones because mine were pretty old.