Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi

Tevion (ALDI) HD video camera

Just thought I'd post up this info and see if anyone else happened to pick up one of these units at ALDI last Saturday (17th December).

Here's the info page:

http://tevion-cameras.com/popups/ac_5_aus_popup/

It's specifications include the ability to take HD Video in AVI Motion format, 1280 x 720 (30fps) in either Fine, Standard and Economy mode. It has a 120 deg wide angle lens.

It's also waterproof to 30 metres, can double up as a Security camera with motion detect, a 5MP camera for stills, and a webcam.

Highlights

Specially made for outdoor enthusiast to capture all the action of outdoor and sports activities
    4 White light LED and 4 infrared LED for night mode
    Rechargeable build-in battery
    Water proof up to 30 meters

Including

2 GB micro SD memory card with SD card adaptor
    USB AC adaptor / charger
    Bicycle holder and fastening ribbon
    USB and video cable

You can put a 32Gb MiniSD card in (Grade 6 for high speed video and audio) and record 20 minutes in HD.

Comes with audio/video lead for viewing directly to TV or a USB (which doubles up with a wall connector to charge the onboard lithiumION rechargeable battery) cable to connect to your PC.

There's also a handlebar mount (that could be made to fit inside a racecar mounted on a small tube welded to the rollcage) and a strap for either helmet or wrist when riding your bike or diving.

I've been testing it all morning (after I charged it - 3 hours) in the office but will test its capabailities driving home this afternoon.

My inital impression is that it takes a little while to get used to the buttons on the unit (On/Off, Record and LED Night light) and it sometimes doesn't register on the PC with the USB cable if you connect in the wrong order (USB is fussy like that). But generally the quality is excellent in either 320 or 640 modes. You can also date/time stamp your photos or videos. Package includes a PC CD for loading drivers for webcam and Security option but nothing for MAC users.

They are also on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/supra

I'll put up my demo video tomorrow.

Peter
    Still here. Still kickin'

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    I made these sample videos travelling home along the M4 this afternoon.

Hmmm, this was shot with me holding the camera outside the car, basically had it sitting on the rear view mirror.

Wind noise and road noise is high due to the sensitivity of the inbuilt microphone. I would say it would need to be wrapped in some foam to muffle that noise.

Video quality is excellent - unfortunately YouTube downgrades it somewhat but the raw footage has promise - just need to treat the audio.

This one was shot with me pointing the camera at the oncoming traffic. All handheld.

Be sure to set the playback to 720HD and set it to full screen view!

Peter

Member Array
    Car:
    Land Barge
    Cost?
    Econo Box pimping ain't easy.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    Honda Civic VTi
    Quote Originally Posted by nigs View Post
    Cost?
    It was $89.95 a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if they still have stock. Check with your local ALDI store.

I've also discovered that you can use the camera with the water-proof plug installed. This may alleviate some of the issues surrounding the sensitivity of the audio function.

Peter