Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Em1 yO

Fake Hondata S300! Beware

After looking at the other post on fake hondata Kpro floating around, there now seem to be fake s300 around too. From hondata:
    http://www.hondata.com/s300_counterfeit.html

Counterfeit S300 characteristics

Typically sold with an ECU as used on online forums for a low price.
    The installation is poor, with bad soldering, missing / invalid serial numbers and missing or incorrect value components.

The counterfeits show some or all the following behaviors:

Failure to upload or datalog.
    Random rev limits.
    Failure to start
    Corruption of ECU table data.

We do not advise driving your vehicle on a counterfeit S300 due to risk of engine damage.

How do I know if my S300 is authentic?
    Team NoOb "Back to the Basics"

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    good post.

I wonder how many people have these and dont know it. A software/firmware upgrade will soon bring them out.
    Last edited by ECU-MAN; 19-12-2011 at 12:30 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Hondaless :(
    Mine has a bigger cooler, 10 or 11 rows, but has all the other genuine marks. Whats the go with that?
    b series vtec goes up to 11...

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    +1 Rep

Thanks very much for the info!
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek honda civic hatch
    so they arent using honda ecu's?

you know the the bit that says hondata is the only part thats hondata, and the rest is the ecu from your car?

if your worried, then buy the hondata and solder it in yourselves just make sure you have a compatible ecu. i believe you need obd1 ecu from america, which is physically different from the australian delivered ones.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by Scholzey View Post

you know the the bit that says hondata is the only part thats hondata, and the rest is the ecu from your car?

if your worried, then buy the hondata and solder it in yourselves just make sure you have a compatible ecu. i believe you need obd1 ecu from america, which is physically different from the australian delivered ones.
    You can use any OBD1 ecu here in aust too, as long as they are on the compatible lists of ecu's.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Car:
    twin GX160's
    as above, you dont have to use the ASDM ECU, any compatible AUDM JDM EUDM ECU will work

Quote Originally Posted by Scholzey View Post

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    i was working on my on the weekend and was having a problem of the s300 not connecting 2 the comp. mate sent me this link 2day and i opened the ecu 2 have a look and oh joy 2 c that i had the counterfeit. bought it a while ago from a member on here and hadnt used it till last weekend and i cnt member any of his details. spent $700 on it and now i really cnt do shit about it
    Last edited by chubby steve; 29-02-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by chubby steve View Post
    i was working on my on the weekend and was having a problem of the s300 not connecting 2 the comp. mate sent me this link 2day and i opened the ecu 2 have a look and oh joy 2 c that i had the counterfeit. bought it a while ago from a member on here and hadnt used it till last weekend and i cnt member any of his details. spent $700 on it and now i really cnt do shit about it
    dont remember the guys username?

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm dc2 =)
    farrrrrk thats unlucky man sorry to hear!

Car:
    twin GX160's
    try an older version old SManager

Member Array
    Car:
    Acura TSX
    We have identified Benny Tran of BYP Racing and Developments as an importer and seller of counterfeit K-Pros and S300s. DO NOT buy any Hondata products from this person. If you have purchased any Hondata products from this person, please check them for authenticity.

Doug Macmillan
    Hondata Inc
    Torrance CA USA

Note - we have updated the picture:

Last edited by Hondata USA; 08-03-2012 at 10:26 AM.