Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    1998 EK4

difference between ef9 and eg6

I'm after a black ef9 but haven't been able to find one after almost a year. I'm thinking about going for an eg6 but aren't too familiar with them apart from the fact I understand it's the eg equivalent to an ef9. Is this right? What are the differences apart from obviously the looks.
    Wanted: Black EG6 or EF9.

pretty much

Both came standard with a B16.

IMO you should go for an EG. They both look great but EG has more aftermarket support. Handles better, Newer chassis, although both models are getting old
    Easier for conversions, obd1 i believe so hondata is plug and play.

Both are expensive, a bit difficult to find.

this is a good read
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-you-buy/page2
    Last edited by jeremydawg; 19-12-2011 at 03:24 PM.
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

Quote Originally Posted by jeremydawg View Post
    ...Handles better...
    Debatable.

OP, have you tried looking for an EF8? They seem more popular than either EF9 or EG6.
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    crx
    If yopu really want EF9 civic wait and keep saving you cash as you never know what you need to be replace when you buy it or buy Mint EF9 civic for top dollar

If you want buy somethging now Buy Limo EF8 crx turbo great look car, well look after and has some extra ponys for some fun but with high price but worth it for dollars spent over the year by Limo to get it where it is
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-EF8-CRX-turbo
    If you see a good Technical post giving advice give some postive rep

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    main difference is EF is better

Quote Originally Posted by pat88c View Post
    If yopu really want EF9 civic wait and keep saving you cash as you never know what you need to be replace when you buy it or buy Mint EF9 civic for top dollar
    Is this english?
    FFamily

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    EF is my preference because I love the shape but in many ways I think the EG6 would be a better option. Jeremydawg sunned it up well IMO.

•CRX• represent Array
    Car:
    CRX+CBR250RR
    pretty much

Both came standard with a B16.

IMO you should go for an EG. They both look great but EG has more aftermarket support. Handles better, Newer chassis, although both models are getting old
    Easier for conversions, obd1 i believe so hondata is plug and play.

Both are expensive, a bit difficult to find.

this is a good read
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...-you-buy/page2
    Sorry where are you base'n has more aftermarket suppport.

ED/EF can upgrade to most EG/DC2R stuff suspension wise.
    And all model specific swaybars and struts bars are readily available also.

How can newer handle better. ?
    IMO Sorry but it sounds as thou u only know about the EG and aint giving the EF the true street cred it has as the ultimate old school "CULT CLASSIC. "

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop_gee View Post
    Sorry where are you base'n has more aftermarket suppport.

ED/EF can upgrade to most EG/DC2R stuff suspension wise.
    And all model specific swaybars and struts bars are readily available also.

How can newer handle better. ?
    IMO Sorry but it sounds as thou u only know about the EG and aint giving the EF the true street cred it has as the ultimate old school "CULT CLASSIC. "
    Sorry, is that english?

Firstly BOTH are great cars. ok? happy now?

So as said handling can be debatable. However, EG chassis is more stiffer and ridgid than the EF. There are alot of EG's on the track and for good reason.
    Its quite well known that there are alot more interchangeable parts and aftermarket parts for the EG. Theyre so popular and you can do so much with them. EF had its prime time, support has shifted more for the EG now.

Either way im sure you will have fun with either car. Its just that the EG is less of a headache
    DEEFUFF 4LYF

There are alot of EG's on the track and for good reason.
    Because there's more of them around these days... Hardly a reason a valid reason for why they're better.

Its quite well known that there are alot more interchangeable parts and aftermarket parts for the EG.
    Actually there was far more models based off of the EF chassis than there was the EG chassis.

Its just that the EG is less of a headache
    Buy a 2010 Corolla if you don't want a headache.
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    haha you guys dont sound biased at all !....

the dude is after the differences with the Eg6 and EF9 lol, well
    the eg6 is hydrauilic gearbox s4c/y21 b16a LSD (but because it was a factory option some camewithout)
    the ef9 is cable box y1/ys1 lsd
    EG6 has abs, 262mm brakes, electric folding mirrors, Shares DC2R rear lca, white faced cluster, spaceship seats and black interior parts

EF9 series 2 had abs,sunroof, power options etcc

im sure theres more info out there some ef9 and eg6 fans want to add

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    I have an eg5 converted to eg6 spec and also an ef9.
    Both have their strengths and weaknesses.
    There is absolutely no doubt that oem and after market support is much better for the eg.. try throwwing ef or even ed part numbers at your dealership lol.
    Ef is noticeably lighter but the eg chassis is more responsive. You can make the ef chassis FAST but man it's raw which is not nesc a bad thing haha.
    If I had to choose an ef or eg if both were new and parts support wasn't an issue.. i'd take the eg6 as its more balanced and refined.
    The ef is more fun to drive though and would be better at autokhana style events, slightly longer wheel base and wider track width on the eg better for circuit IMO.
    Stock for stock the eg has 10ps, 200rpm, 0.2 points up on compression and shorter ratios and final drive but the ef seems to have more low down torque and the 150 or so kgs weight difference.
    If you have any questions feel free to ask.
    Last edited by VT3C; 23-12-2011 at 08:55 PM.