Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EM1 window.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>Crx Delsol

EM1 window.

Hey guys. Just wondering seen a few EM1s here that had the problem where the window didnt wind up all the way. Copping rain and all unless manually pulled up.

Have any of you guys fixed this problem or know what caused it?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, EG & EP3R
    Happen to my eg, check the window rails. Could be bent or need a grease up. You have to take of the inside door cover and I think it's a few 12 m bolts. I got a new one from the wreckers for 50 bucks. Hope that helps
    Last edited by JPR28610; 20-12-2011 at 10:08 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 legs
    could be your window reg or your window has derailed
    does it get stuck when you are trying to wind it up or it hops up n down in the same position.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>Crx Delsol
    Winding up and down no problem. But when it comes up to nearly 2-3cms near the top yeah it hops up and down doesnt close up.

get yourself some window visors

Window visors won't fix the problem..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, EG & EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by H0TPOT View Post
    get yourself some window visors
    Lol atleast you won't get rain coming in

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    My passenger side window used to act up when it rained aswell, wouldn't go up or down properly. So i just took off the door card and mucked around with the rails. They might be miss-aligned or even off the rail, undo the bolts holding in the rails and try to slip either side of the glass back in (getting it to slip in the rubber rail seals is a fckn bitch, also make sure they're in all the way from top to bottom). Then give the rails a good dose of silicone spray to get it going smooth again. My window works fine now

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, EG & EP3R
    Yeah most cases it's just shit build up in the rails. I might make a quick DIY when I get my car back

Member Array
    Car:
    2 legs
    could be a threaded nut thats holding the regulator and the rails together, not sure whats the exact name for it but best bet is to take the whole thing out and asses it.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Dude, i had the same issue last sat ...and ive fixed the problem.

The Symptoms
    - Window wont close about 2-3cm near the top.
    - makes loud noises and it seems that the window is trying to close but fails and re-attempts to close it.
    - door trim shakes internally
    - Window goes up (to the point it fails) and goes down ok.
    - Your in the process of punching the glass window with your fist :P

The Problem
    - The regular is fine but the "teeth" or grooves that winds the window rails has failed or the teeth is gone near the top.
    - if you remove your regulator and rail mechanism you will see that there are missing teeth - hence once it reaches about 2-3cm to nearly close and there is no more teeth left it drops and then re-attempts to wind it back up.

The Fix
    - Remove the regulator and rail completely.
    - pre-purchase - inspect the new/used regulator mechanism and make sure that the motor works and the teeth are all in excellent condition as well as the rails.
    - Grease any moving parts/rollers on the new part
    - re-install the new regulator / rail to your window glass
    - throw the old piece of shiet out or use the motor for something cool to make :P
    - YOU cannot reuse the old motor and install the new teeth mechanism as doing so will destroy the entire motor (unless you know exactly what your doing) and the wreckers wont sell this separately -you buy the complete part.
    - Make sure that the glass is within the rails and the rubber grooves on the other end (door chassis side) failing to do so will make your installation process a pain in the ass.
    - test fit and make sure that the window goes up and down smoothly without any hesitation
    - put your door trim in place.

then happy VTAAKKKKing!!! lol.

good luck champ - PM me if you have any more questions.

Marv
    Last edited by IV73CI; 21-12-2011 at 07:20 AM.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>Crx Delsol
    Wow. Great post broo! Can you pm me how much it had set you back? And where abouts if youre located in sydney.