Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well this all points to a bubble. What do you think will happen to the economy as a whole though? It seems to be in a very ambivalent state.

As for the homeless people, it was not just them, but also people living in trailer parks as well, totaling some 250,000 people which were "prospective home buyers" which clearly had no intention or means to do so.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by spetz View Post
    Well this all points to a bubble. What do you think will happen to the economy as a whole though? It seems to be in a very ambivalent state.

As for the homeless people, it was not just them, but also people living in trailer parks as well, totaling some 250,000 people which were "prospective home buyers" which clearly had no intention or means to do so.
    It's not homeless people, it's the 100k immigrants call this place home every year. Now I'm not againest immigration (dear God no, 99% of them work hard to create a new life here. The problem is land management, for one of the most urbanized country in the world, we lack some serious urban planning.
    Trailor park homes/spaces can be brought/sold, so techanically speaking they are in the housing market in a strange way, and there isn't many of them at all (this ain't the US, we only have so many trailer parks, and most of them are for tourism). Because the low income earners are usually in public housing

As to the bubble, that depends on how the Chinese bubble turn out. And how the eurozone turns out.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Well the eurozone is getting worse by the day. I think it is Merkels fault she delayed the bail out for Greece for so long and just made things so much worse. Maybe if they were bailed out earlier at half the cost things would be better.
    The euro hit another record low today, 1 euro = $1.28.
    I remember some years ago 1 euro was over $2
    I just hope that this exchange rate does not remain the norm now

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by spetz View Post
    I think a lot of that is because of the mentality there. I have noticed that "normally" parents do not help out their kids financially and if anything ask for rent, which is mind boggling for me....
    Very observant. Most Aussie parents can't wait to kick their children out the door. But I think this helps them to stand on their own two feet; many into a life of 'non-wealth' (haha) where they quickly learn to blow all money on cars, opposite sex, alcohol and drugs to drown out their miserable poverty condition. Some make it through to have some money. Isn't it like that in Europe?
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Not in more family-oriented cultures like Greece/Italy.

They are more hmmm "Chinese" in their approach
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 CRV Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Not in more family-oriented cultures like Greece/Italy.

They are more hmmm "Chinese" in their approach
    Yeah, it was probably that Irish fellow Marc O'Polo that brought it back to Italy from China. hehe
    SPQR
    The first ever Whiteline RSB pattern for CL9 Euro.
    The world first ever after market RSB for RE4 CRV.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR View Post
    Yeah, it was probably that Irish fellow Marc O'Polo that brought it back to Italy from China. hehe
    Mah blame the Romans lol.

In all seriousness, there's problem with parents kicking kids out to soon, the kids wasnt told things like budgeting, credit control etc. that's what fks them up.

And school don't teach that crap anymore, gee te kids these days can't barely cook and clean..... That's just fail parenting IMO.

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 Honda Accord VTI-S
    To steer away from the economics side of this thread and return to the original question:
    94-97 Honda Accords are worth differing prices due to the different models. Lets assume you can find the following models with under 200,000km (lets say 160K-175K).

EXI- no vtec, no leather seats, no sunroof- a very basic car but it will get you from A to B. Price- $2-3K.
    VTI- Vtec (F22B1), no leather seats, no sunroof, a gay bumpstop which goes all the way around the middle of the car and looks horrible unless the colour is dark- $3-4K.
    VTI-s- Vtec (F22B1) leather seats, sunroof, no gay bumpstop, climate control amongst other things- $5-6K.

these features may differ as some VTI would have had options bought and put on but the above is the basic difference (as well as cruise control but not sure if others have it- i do and I have a vti-s).

Therefore, paying 5-6K for a Honda, with Vtec and some luxury features which still stack up VERY well in comparison to later models is certainly warranted. You will generally have very few problems with a high km Honda (especially VTEC) in comparison to similar other cars around the same age with same km's.

If you compare this to lets say a camry of the same age, you may get it for around 1-2K cheaper or more, but it will still look like an ugly as **** 94-97 camry and will be bog standard. It'd be equivalent to getting an EXI which are very very standard...

My opinion- if you want a car that will go the distance, look good, have some nice features which are as good if not better than most newer cars and can find a clean VTI-S preferably (if not a VTI) then I'd say do it.
    Last edited by FAT VTI; 03-01-2012 at 12:11 PM.
    Gas up the Vtec for you tonight and baby you can go wherever you like.....