Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eating Oil

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    right. well if it's full the don't bother touching it.. If it's burning oil maybe the old owner just filled up the oil... just sayin.

Go get a compression/leakdown test on ur engine done when u go for service too
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    00' s2000
    does anyone else change there oil and filter every 5000kms or is it just me??

Quote Originally Posted by tamay_s2k View Post
    does anyone else change there oil and filter every 5000kms or is it just me??
    In my old GTR I used to but that's only cause it was making big power.. S2000 I'm going to leave it to every 10k or until the oil level drops / turns black. (Using Royal Purpo)

Member Array
    Car:
    JDM K20A
    I change mine every 4000kms ish, i love my engine to stay clean and fresh.

Honda recommends oil drop every 5000kms, its a good idea to listen to them

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    On any high performance engine, whether it is an F20/K20 or a 900hp RB26DETT, if it is constantly seeing high stress situations for long periods of time where the oil heats up and can start to burn off, it is always a good idea to service it every 5,000km. This way you are hopefully preventing oil starvation (if you fail to check your oil level once a week), preventing sludge build up & even if it is a top of the shelf oil like Motul or Royal Purple, oil can only handle a short amount of time at high temperatures before the compounds start to break down and your oil is as good to you as water
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Noted. My car is a daily (rarely ever hit Vtec) and I thought the recommended oil change was every 10k... My log book is stamped every 10k?
    I check it fairly regularly though and while its still light brown I and full I see no point in changing it? The only time I drive it hard would be maybe once a fortnight or so..

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    THE RESULTS:

Josh, aka stndrd was kind enough to look at my car today. He's a genuine guy and answered every question I threw at him, I definitely recommend him!!!!

He did a pressure test... the results were basically 205, 205, 205, 205. the second cylinder took longer to get to 205 but I'm happy with the result

Josh also stuck a micro camera through the spark plugs and found that some of the tops were a little bit wet, especially no 2, which if I remember correctly means the valves aren't the best.

Damn good deal especially because he only wanted $30!

Cheers Josh
    Last edited by Simmoyo; 04-01-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    No worries Simon. As I said earlier, I will let you know tomorrow on those prices you were asking about and we'll go from there =]
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8