Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    ek1

Issues after engine mount installation

Hi guys,

Just had engine mounts installed on my dc5r and my engine light on my cluster turns and stays on. It didn't used to before the installation, so it's obviously not normal. My piggy back alarm indicator (right hand side of the wheel) also stays on even when my car is swithed off. We have reset the ecu by turning off and on the battery but no change. I've tested vtec and works fine. I'm not sure what it could be because only thing electrical that was touched was the battery. .... Has anyone experienced this before? If so what did u do to fix it?

Thanks in advance

The ecu light is nothing to do directly with your mounts - but the install itself. Something is loose or cracked or torn etc , perhaps primary O2 sensor might of been touched or hit when installing the rear mount ?!

Get a code scan and see what it brings up

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    What you have to think about with an .cu it needs to read things before a problem can be identified.

So if there is no sensors or anything electrical in the part the .cu will be non the wiser.

I agree with Ben check things around the affected are such as primary o2 sensor and even a small plug on the engine bay.

Best thing to do to save you heaps of time is an obd2 reader and check the code.

definitely have the code scanned and let us know what it says... mounts have nothing to do with the CEL unless you bumped or hit or unplugged something by accident.

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Wires backed out or connectors came loose from the o2 sensor.

Happened with my mates DC5 when pulling the box out.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Hey Neil, it's Stephen.
    How you enjoying the Hasport mounts? I did end up buying the Hardrace mounts ^^

Anyways, I had the same problem as you; the CEL came on after I got my mounts installed. My mechanic ran a scan and said it was the primary o2 sensor (he must've accidentally bumped it), so I bought a new one, got it installed and no more CEL! ^0^

Like everyone has said, run a scan to see exactly what code its throwing up. If it is the primary o2 sensor, then you can buy from here http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/110754793...84.m1439.l2649 It's the cheapest I've found when I needed to replace mine. Genuine DENSO too.
    DC5R

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1
    Thanks for the advice guys, I'll run a scan and let you know the outcome.

Hey Stephen,
    I'm really enjoying it. The vibration is only evident when the car is idle, and there is definitely more engine noise once you start the car. However, when you're driving the vibration goes away. You get used to it easily. How's your hardrace mounts?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by neil1112 View Post
    Thanks for the advice guys, I'll run a scan and let you know the outcome.

Hey Stephen,
    I'm really enjoying it. The vibration is only evident when the car is idle, and there is definitely more engine noise once you start the car. However, when you're driving the vibration goes away. You get used to it easily. How's your hardrace mounts?
    Actually that's exactly how I would describe the Hardrace mounts too lol. Such a good mod to do, them mounts
    DC5R

Quote Originally Posted by type_AHH View Post
    Actually that's exactly how I would describe the Hardrace mounts too lol. Such a good mod to do, them mounts
    +1 as i have hardrace mounts too on my r. Feels more solid

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1
    So I finally got around to scan the sensors and I was right! It is the primary 02 sensors.....Thanks heaps Steven for providing the ebay link. I shall go buy that now =]

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1
    I bought the primary 02 sensor from ebay and replaced it yesterday. It fixed it

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by neil1112 View Post
    I bought the primary 02 sensor from ebay and replaced it yesterday. It fixed it
    Good stuff. Nothing to worry about now =D
    DC5R