Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2

[CU2] Doors not Flush

Hi all,

Just noticed that the doors on my 2 weeks old CU2 do not flushed when closed.
    They are the driver side door and the rear passenger door directly behind.

Hmm... is that a manufacturing tolerance or has that car been in a crash before?
    When closed, one can see the top part of the door (rear passenger side) has a gap of approx. 2mm. The gap on the driver side is on the bottom part.
    The other side of the car is perfectly aligned though.

Will be checking with Honda servicing during first 1K servicing. I have been asking around and my mates said it's a simple job of just realigning the door latch since the gaps occurs on the back of doors rather than the front. Is that true?

Beginning to think if my dealer sell me a dodgy Euro...!

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2
    duuude, i wouldnt wait. just get it done asap and demand a courtesy car free of charge.
    what gets wet ...while its drying?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    You can try this first:

There should be two black round rubber located on each door in the door jamb area, they look like rubber door stop. Well with those black rubber you can turn them to adjust there height and adjust the panel height to make flush, it a trick that the panel beaters use to make the panels look close to flush.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    Hey DC, thanks for the heads up.

I did saw a black rubber thingy but don't think that's adjustable by any turning means.

Think I will just let the dealer handle it next week lest I broke anything

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Jay2,
    Sorry to hear few problems in your 2weeks old euro lux. I would strongly recommend you to take it to the dealer to fix it. Personally i wouldn't wait till 1k service and take it asap. With a 2weeks old brand new car like that i wouldnt touch anything to fix it even its easy to fix and let the dealer handle it.

Good luck mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    I agree fully with Raja,I would not touch it,the dealer is sipposed to be the expert,and thats what they are there for,besides selling the car.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    Just came back from servicing with the dealer and mentioned the doors issues to them.

They took a look and said that its not their area of expertise and would need to bring in a panel beater for advice!

They are also ordering a new door striker as the existing one is too tight to remove for re-positioning... they are trying to position it closer to the seat so that the door closes more "inwardly".

Hmm.... just have to wait now for the panel beaters to re-open for business in 2012 to take a look.