Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic Sport

Modding my 2007 Civic Sport

Hi Guys,

I have search through this site and found nothing but very conflicting opinions about whats what with my Civic,

Its a 2007 Civic Sport, just upgraded its sound system so it is sounding great. My most logical next step is to make it go faster, :P

I am looking at getting a CAI but it looks to me like the only good ones need an intake manifold to go along with it, is this the case? If so which one should I go for? Injen looks like a good cheapy, if I change the manifold I might as well get a new throttle body thats all.

Exhaust I've got sorted, but the Hondata Flash Pro unit seems to be the chip I want but a couple australian suppliers say they dont have one for my model car! I have been talking with a guy from the states who says he can supply one that will work and cheap too but if it doesn't work the States are a long way away. So..... Whats the Go?? Hondata Flash Pro unit that can work on my FD2 Civic Sport?

Not looking to turbo at this point but can explore it down the track, I would like to get it pumping around Civic Type R specs if I can with out spending to much.

Regards,

Brent.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    Type R spec on a budget will be pretty hard. Get the flash pro but you'll need a usdm ecu to make it work
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Just put a type R engine it in.
    Straight bolt in. Cheapest, safest and easiest way to make the same power as a type r while maintaining reliability.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    Then you still need to tune it...

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    No you dont. Run a factory type R ECU. Plug and play.

Thats Type R performance.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    This guy is on a budget though lol...doing a k20a conversion will cost him between 5-10k

Quote Originally Posted by xenonkuraz View Post
    This guy is on a budget though lol...doing a k20a conversion will cost him between 5-10k
    Depends which k20a you want..... the fd2r one is gonna be pretty hard to source and expensive. Plus you need somebody to install it.... unless you DIY

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    FD2T FTW!
    nomsayin
    I don't even know anymore.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic Sport
    Thanks everyone for getting back to me.

I never said I was on a budget.... I said without spending too much. I looking at a Turbo kit imported from the states will cost me around $4500 inc postage (Same system here would set me back about 8k) Comes with a Hondata Flash Pro Unit & Software. Got a brother who is a Turbo mechanic so costs me F* all to get it put in. But I'm looking at this probably in 6 months so I'm looking to get a Naturally aspirated tough little 2.0lt screaming and red lining at mid 8's in the mean time.

I work at a local dealership so I could probably pick up a Type R ECU quite easily. But I think I'll definately be looking at FlashPro for now so

whats this usdm ecu?? how much and where can I get it? will it still work later when I turbo it?

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    for my CAI i just went custom piping and removed the stock airbox... relocated it to behind the foglight and used a K&N air filter with it.. it screams but powerwise, i have no idea as of yet...
    StanceSlutz

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    oh and it cost me $250 all up + the K&N filter
    StanceSlutz

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07 Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Areis View Post
    for my CAI i just went custom piping and removed the stock airbox... relocated it to behind the foglight and used a K&N air filter with it.. it screams but powerwise, i have no idea as of yet...
    Sounds like a good idea, I might look into it and see what I need.