Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi

B16a gearbox problem.

Hey guys I recently been in process of replacing my gearbox , which I replaced and found my thrust bearing to be noisy so rippled it all out again and changed it , I reused the gearbox oil I drained and put it back in and now I cannot select gear 3 and 4 at all. It was shifting before in to all gears fine before, it doesn't select when motor is on or off. When installing the bitch pin I used the hammer to jam it in place instead of the power steering bolt trick. I might drain out the oil and replace to see if it has any affect. Really doing my head in. I didn't change anything from before I dunno why it's not shifting ...

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Bump anyone ?

I would doubt it's the GB oil mate.

something wrong on re-install, no one knows what you did.....

good luck buddy. Wouldn't be fun if these things didn't happen.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Would you have to put the gear selector in neutral ? Before you bolt in the shiftlinkage ?.

don't know, never done it.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Lawl, cheers anyway bau wau

Account Disabled Array
    Did you try selecting all gears and spinning the input shaft before you put it back in the car?

You should of locked it in gear before box back in. if you can't select third gear try bleeding the clutch system again, or check the clutch master isn't leaking which is common problem. Also check the slave cylinder on the box. if you can select gears while engine is off then hydraulic issues.
    Last edited by krillin; 25-12-2011 at 07:06 PM.

Can you select gears without clutching?

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Cannot select 3rd or 4th gears on or off , with or with out the clutch. I thought the gears where selecting fine before so it should be okay to wack back in.

just some general info that members need to help resolve this problem for you :

1.did you put the linkages on right way including putting the pins in?

2. did you put all the gearstick bushes back in? if you did remove it.

3. did you touch any internal part of the gearbox? main shaft, final drive sets etc?

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Quote Originally Posted by krillin View Post
    just some general info that members need to help resolve this problem for you :

1.did you put the linkages on right way including putting the pins in?
    2. did you put all the gearstick bushes back in? if you did remove i
    3. did you touch any internal part of the gearbox? main shaft, final drive sets etc?
    1. I think I did ?. I put the bitch pin in by hammering it flat on the shift linkage and gear selector.
    2. No bushes came out ?. I just bolted it back up with the washers.
    3. No internals where touched except the clutch bearing which is still external and shift fork