Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Is there a way to install the shift linkages wrong ?.

no i don't think there is, though just asking to make sure as i'm only guessing the person who performed this job must be a "diyer",

bearing isn't seized?
    put bearing in the right way?
    the fork sitting on pivot correctly?
    placed lock pin for fork on correctly?

if you are confident you have done everything correctly regardless, then you will have to definately pull out your gearbox and diagnose further causes.

that's all i can help at the moment

thankyou.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    If above was faulty it would engage in any gear.... Fml I don't wanna rip out the box..
    I overfilled the gearbox oil.. I dunno if that would make some issues

no incorrect, if the above was faulty it will not engage any gear,

so are you're trying to say everything i have listed above is installed correctly? + the gears would engage before?

then how come you can't select 3rd and 4th gear now?
    it's obviously in the gearbox.

by the way have you tried, putting it in 3rd gear and releasing the clutch slowly to slow the input shaft down?

it's obviously in the gearbox.

please keep us posted on the outcomes.

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    you cannot select 3rd or 4th gear at all. even if you force it it will not let you, on or off..

i was meant to say if the above was faulty it wouldnt engage in any gear not just 3rd or 4th..

Account Disabled Array
    Might have damage the linkage when you hammered it. Or might have poped the selector out of place

Account Disabled Array
    I would take off the box and try to select all gears. If you cant get all the gears with the box out, then it will require it to be opened up and inspected

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Yup selector was kinked to the side, I hammered it back into place now it's good to go but the gearbox rattles really loudly on idle ? I'm suspecting my slave cylinder is gone because it's not letting the clutch pedal come all the way to the top?. Would the loose pressure cause the rattles ?.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Wen the clutch cylinders are about to go in my experinece the pedal likes to stick to the floor before coming back up, feels werid. Only a 300 dollar fix @ most mechanics.

Sam.... easy to narrow down the problem

You do not need to step on clutch to engage into gear when engine is off, So if you think slave needs changing then change it, it will not affect you from changing to 3rd and 4t

If you dont want to pull the box out, I reckon you should take the linkage complete off from the gearbox, then stick a screw driver in the hole where the pin is, then pull selector In( 3rd gear), Out( 4th gear) and lets see if it will go in....

It might be the linkage as benson mention, if it still doesnt go in then gg.... remove box yo..