Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra

Difference between vti and vti-s GD series

Hey guys
    Just a quick question
    My girlfriend is looking for a jazz and shes asking me the difference between vti and vti-s ...so far from research i could only find that the only difference is that vti-s comes with extra cosmetic features such as a the body kit. Both are the same 1.5L i-vtec i'm sure? ( Please correct me if i'm wrong ).

She likes the body kit but the price difference is stupid...considering engine is the same. Found a vti GD series 2006 with a "Mugen" body kit on it already so i was planning to have a look at it some time.

also...i heard there are jazz's that are made in Japan and Thailand? Whats the go with that?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Not too sure on the finer details, but ill answer a question you have up there.

Japan moved assembly to thailand.

Just like merc and BMW moved assembly to south africa.

Cheaper labour. Similar quality. (sort of)

Just a question that may possibly answer your main question.

Have you asked for a brochure for both these models and compared? Im pretty sure they will have a list of features each vehicle has or has not got.
    Brochures are free by the way. (from the dealer)

GDs were Japan 02 - 05, 06+ is in thailand.

difference between VTI and VTI-S is the S is optioned with alloys, kit, foggies.

they both have 1.5L vtec engines. L15A, just to clarify it does not have ivtec.

there are no noticeable differences in build quality through the plants, if you are purchasing a CVT be careful of the condition.

Phil

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    Cheers. Thought so, nah my girlfriend decided that she wants to drive manual...just want her to get her own car before she ruins mine

Member Array
    Car:
    04 GD3 Jazz
    If your gf is ever gunna mod then a VTiS saves a fair bit of money for modding stuff like bodykit and fog lamps

If she just needs a car for A-B then GLi/VTi should just do fine

If you buy a GLi/VTi and plan to chuck on aftermarket bodykit I'd say stick with the OEM sports bodykit (buying VTiS) because aftermarkets cannot guarantee a 100% fit. Then you'll end up spending money trying to fix it up and making it look like it fits perfectly.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 Manual
    Vti-s has a leather steering wheel (much nicer).
    Vti-s is 15kg heavier than Vti.
    Vti-s body kit includes side skirts, front and rear bumpers and rear tailgate wing.
    Vti-s alloys are 15 X 6, Vti steelies are 14 X 5.5.
    Vti-s turning circle is 9.8m, Vti turning circle is 9.4m
    Vti-s gets front fog lights.
    Vti-s is 10mm longer than Vti.

MY06 is Thai built. All previous GD jazz's (MY05 & MY03) are Jap built. Thai built is easily recognised by the LED tail lights. Quality is the same. Honda robots work just as well in Thailand as they do in Japan.

Cheers
    Artie

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    Yeah i know. Thanks for info guys

Member Array
    Car:
    09 VTIS, Lotus.
    Quote Originally Posted by fillit View Post
    GDs were Japan 02 - 05, 06+ is in thailand.

difference between VTI and VTI-S is the S is optioned with alloys, kit, foggies.

they both have 1.5L vtec engines. L15A, just to clarify it does not have ivtec.

there are no noticeable differences in build quality through the plants, if you are purchasing a CVT be careful of the condition.

Phil

My 06 is a Jap made one.

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Quote Originally Posted by fundies View Post
    My 06 is a Jap made one.
    Can you confirm this? Maybe it's a 2005 model with a 2006 plate? My understanding from online resources as well as from the dealership is all Honda Jazz's from Q4 2005 onwards are no longer from Japan. (even before the facelift).

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by androo View Post
    Can you confirm this? Maybe it's a 2005 model with a 2006 plate? My understanding from online resources as well as from the dealership is all Honda Jazz's from Q4 2005 onwards are no longer from Japan. (even before the facelift).
    The MY06 (Thai built) was not released until March 2006. Therefore, there will be some MY05 (Jap built) that were built in January and February of 2006. Fundies Jazz is a Feb 06 build.

I very much doubt that the info you have regarding some late MY05 Jazz's being made in Thailand is correct.

The VIN number on each individual car will identify where the car was made.

The first character of the VIN is the country identifier:
    M = Thailand
    J = Japan

Fundies, could you confirm the first character of your VIN number?

Cheers
    Artie
    Last edited by Artie; 28-12-2011 at 09:16 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda
    VTI VS VTI-S

Major difference for S- Full body kit, rear spoiler, alloy wheels, leather steering wheel, sports cloth interior,blue dot jazz badge.

2006-2007 Spec got smoked LED for Vtis instead of clear LED for VTI.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz VTi-S 07 Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by kongfu View Post
    VTI VS VTI-S

Major difference for S- Full body kit, rear spoiler, alloy wheels, leather steering wheel, sports cloth interior,blue dot jazz badge.

2006-2007 Spec got smoked LED for Vtis instead of clear LED for VTI.
    Vti and Vti-s have same interior (except steering wheel) and both have the blue dot badge on tailgate. Gli has a red dot badge.