Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model

Which is the best way to remove treesap from accord euro paint

HI guys,

I wanted to know which is the best/safe method to remove the tree sap from the car paint from bonnet.

After i came from shopping or park under tree i normally look any treesaps there in my car body and wipe out immediately with water.
    However yesterday was tired after went to shopping centre and just park the car in my garage and didn't notice couple of small treesaps one small in my bonnet and other in top of car roof.

I found these only in the morning when i try to wash my car and i can see the sap light yellowish stain as 2 small spots..

I read in online it says can use sopy hot water, anotehr page mention use nail polish remover and this youtube link shows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoTj9OC-6eI

using sanitiser..

My question is which is the safest way to remove not to damage the paint. My car doesnt have any paint protection at all. I just use the meguire soft gel to wash my car(it didnt remove the sap when i wash it)..

Thanks guys and give me some best way to remove it.. Since my car is buron silver its hard to notice but if you notice carefully can see the treesap stain.

Thanks.

PS: sorry guys i tried to take photo of the sap mark/stain, unfortunately with the shine in the car the photo didnt come good

Member Array
    Car:
    Choo Choo shoe.
    Prepsol. Wax/grease remover.

Will remove whatever polish you have on there, so best to re-apply.

Polish is a cleaner as well, however cuts into the paint depending what grade you use.
    Prepsol is a first. If not all comes off, hit it with one round of polish.

Should be all good.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Thanks OMG.JAI for your suggestion.

clay bar might also be worth trying

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Accord Euro Luxury 6MT
    If hot (not boiling) water/detergent didn't work, a rubbing alcohol may work. Soften the sap and clean the area using hot soapy water first. Hand sanitiser is basically denatured alcohol, so would be a good thing to try.

Another thing to try is WD40 (wash the area thoroughly and wax afterwards). I've even heard that lard helps to dissolve the sap.

I wouldn't try nail polish remover, unless it was acetone free. I'd be worried it would etch the paint.

- HZ

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Claybar is the best. I have tried everything from tree sap remover, my nail, metho, hot water and nothing worked. A Clayborn with enough lube took it off at first go without damaging the paint.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Thanks all for the suggestion. I contacted/been there show my car ask for which product will remove the sap, they said it seems dried they dont have anyting and suggested me any body repair shop. I rang Trivett classic honda where i take my car for service and they suggested me a body repairer(they approved by NRMA) and the guy used the 3M polish something like this
    http://www.carcareproducts.com.au/pr...machine_polish with hand and after sometime the treesap stain is gone..

I havent tried clay, but which clay is good guys. When i check with these carcare people they mention meguire quick clay kit is not good, the quality of the clay is not good as meguire use chinese clay and best clay is a premium japanese one something....

ANyone got any experience with claying the car?

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Yeah, I agree the Meguiar's claybar is pretty crap since it is very soft and also a tiny piece for the price you pay. I used to use Clay Magic blue bars which cost me $40 per bar but now I use Platinum Visuals since it is the same quality and effectiveness at a much cheaper price (10 pieces for $35 only!). http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...10-CLaYBARS-35!
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 2010 model
    Thanks Aarong for the info