Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18C7

b18c7 Type R check .

I recently got the BYP b18c7 package and had them install the engine into my EG5 civic .

I just wanted to know ways of diagnosing that nothing is dodgy . I created a list of things to check and was planning on going to hanny's to get a complete check that everything is working .

List consists of :
    Checking B series driveshafts ,
    masking sure its a legit LSD 4.7 Gearbox ,
    that the ecu is legit .

could i get opinions on what i should get checked ?

Dont get my wrong , BYP guys did a great job but i need everything confirmed that its all type R for the piece of mind . Im an honest person so if i did sell it , i want it completely legitimate .
    " MY VTECC GOES BWAHHHHHHHH BAHHHHHHH BWA BWA BWAAHHHHHHH "

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm b16a civic
    If byp had a bad rep for selling dodgy shit then chances are it would be but in this case byp have a very good rep I'd say and if they say you got it then there's a very good chance you do. I'd just ask the boys down there and see, they aint about makin a quick buck. They provide a good service

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    I would have thought that no other driveshafts will fit the box other than b series? The box should have LSD written on it (clearly visible from above). Also I'm pretty sure the motor won't run properly/at all if the wrong ecu is installed

Dude just go to hannys and ask Robert.

If I was BYP , regardless I'd be offended and probably pull any support or warranty for making such accusations.

i think he has a right to know what he bought is legit. I would just ask BYP, if they are an honest company they will tell you how to identify type r components, then check what they say with your own research.

The box should have LSD printed on it (sometimes its very faded though), drives shafts have to b b-series to match the motor/box. You can also tell by driving the car because of the FD, i think it should sit on about 3k in 4th at 70km? Get someone who knows dc2r's to drive the car, they will be able to tell you. Also the dc2r head had a green paint mark on the back of it, when Honda were building the dc2r they marked the most perfect b16 heads with a green mark then sent them to be hand polished etc.. The block should also say B18C7 if it is an AUS spec.

Not sure about ECU, as far as I know they dont have any markings, but as crobaa said, I dont think the motor would run well if it didnt match.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18C7
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Dude just go to hannys and ask Robert.

If I was BYP , regardless I'd be offended and probably pull any support or warranty for making such accusations.
    I never intended or intend to create any accusations . I was only concerned about the honesty of their engine package as i did pay a reasonable
    amount and thought it was wise to confirm that i got what i paid for and nothing dishonest.
    Im still learning about engines and wanted to thought it was wise to create a list in which i could learn how to make sure everything is legit .

Im sorry if i did offend them but in all honesty , After the conversion I was pm'd by a few members about the reputation of BYP but this was all BEFORE they were a trader . the past is the past , chances are they've excelled heaps and are legitimate but thought it was smart to check .
    I wont go into detail because i have no intentions of saying anything negative . Their good guys

but thanks for the replies guys

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Hey mate I have dealings with them its all legitimate.

Member Array
    Car:
    92 B18 eg Civic
    On 4:7 fd I sit at 3500rpm in 5th at 100km/hr. stock itr tyre size.

Driveshafts can only be B-series as stated.

Gearbox has "S80" on sticker and "LSD N3E" stamped on it

ECU if original B18C7 ECU should have P73 on the sticker with a conversion harness. But they may have used something like a chipped P06/P28 ECU so it plugs straight in.

champ .... maybe u should check everything and ask people question before buying.
    U look like a complete idiot buying it then asking people if its legit

You can check if the head is stamp pr3
    in terms of ur ecu , although its plug and play... u gotta make sure the ecu has b18c type r mapping.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5 B18C7
    Quote Originally Posted by dorikin View Post
    Driveshafts can only be B-series as stated.

Gearbox has "S80" on sticker and "LSD N3E" stamped on it

ECU if original B18C7 ECU should have P73 on the sticker with a conversion harness. But they may have used something like a chipped P06/P28 ECU so it plugs straight in.
    appreciate the help buddy .

Quote Originally Posted by blabla View Post
    thanks for the clarification !

Quote Originally Posted by VTec1987 View Post
    champ .... maybe u should check everything and ask people question before buying.
    U look like a complete idiot buying it then asking people if its legit

You can check if the head is stamp pr3
    in terms of ur ecu , although its plug and play... u gotta make sure the ecu has b18c type r mapping.
    thanks for the responses guys . really appreciate it . Yes , i did check it and i was and am happy with it . Only reason why i thought it was necessary to check was because it was only after the conversion was done was when i read and heard speculations about the honesty of their trade .

Yes i admit i look like an idiot but id rather look like an idiot than boast about a b18c7 that could potentially have fraud characteristics .
    If you heard rumours , then i guess it would come across your mind to confirm everything . after all , you are spending money it it . thats just my opinion , thank you for yours .

I didnt mean to dishonour the BYP guys , a few if not a lot of peope have had bad experiences from them and just wanted to clarify for everyone
    that they are legitimate and overall great guys .

Quote Originally Posted by blabla View Post
    Do they have a ABN , registered as a mechanical workshop ?
    Do they offer proper receipted warranty on parts and workmanship etc ? Hope the OP asked , as everyone should with all businesses !