Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R

Melbourne Hail/storm

It was raining and hailing golf balls during christmas day yesterday. I was caught driving in it and was hit with hail and what not. There isnt any damage except two li'l imperfections that arent really dints. The main issue was, it was very hard to see during this as it was pouring like nuts and hail didnt help smashing everywhere. As i was driving i drove through 2-3 massive puddles, that were deep. My car went from 70 to 30km in an instant. Don't think i was hydrolocked but the car ran shit after that, loss of power etc. Wondered if a tiny bit of water entering the engine would make the car feel shit, today its perfectly fine, powers back, guessing the water burnt out? Dad said most likely water entered the muffler. The 2nd issue being when this occured water entered the cabin from underneath and near the gear shifter. I noticed puddle of water near my handbrake and a drenched passenger footwell. Would rust form instantly? or if i removed carpet and cleaned everything tomorrow would it be fine?

I plan to jack up the car 2morro and inspect underneath and clean just to be safe. Wondering what other issues i may face or maybe unnoticed.
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    4WD 89 Concerto
    i would remove the carpet asap and dry it so it doesnt develop a bad smell. You shouldnt really get any rust from the water being in the passanger foot well.
    OEM parts whore

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    all ready got bad smell lol. got carpet cleaner so removing the seats and inspecting 2morro. Gonna be a fun day =.=
    3 guys walk into a bar. The first guy told the D to get a B series.The second guy told the B to get a K series. The last guy told the K to fk off just get a V8 mate.

Quote Originally Posted by EK1 Civic View Post
    It was raining and hailing golf balls during christmas day yesterday. I was caught driving in it and was hit with hail and what not. There isnt any damage except two li'l imperfections that arent really dints. The main issue was, it was very hard to see during this as it was pouring like nuts and hail didnt help smashing everywhere. As i was driving i drove through 2-3 massive puddles, that were deep. My car went from 70 to 30km in an instant. Don't think i was hydrolocked but the car ran shit after that, loss of power etc. Wondered if a tiny bit of water entering the engine would make the car feel shit, today its perfectly fine, powers back, guessing the water burnt out? Dad said most likely water entered the muffler. The 2nd issue being when this occured water entered the cabin from underneath and near the gear shifter. I noticed puddle of water near my handbrake and a drenched passenger footwell. Would rust form instantly? or if i removed carpet and cleaned everything tomorrow would it be fine?

I plan to jack up the car 2morro and inspect underneath and clean just to be safe. Wondering what other issues i may face or maybe unnoticed.
    lmzzozooo in red.

burning water, dat dere need to watch out.

Water probably got into your ignition system somewhere making it run shit.

Very, very unlikely water can ever enter the exhaust pipes while the engine is running.

wait till a hot day and park your car in the sun. if not put a heater in your car for a few hours.

ventilate dat oshiioi

Member Array
    Car:
    ek1
    Just leave it in the sun and use carpet cleaner
    oldskool Civics FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Cars totally fine now, except i got into a car crash earlier this morning when the road was muddy, dusty after the storm. Lost grip and missed a tree luckily. So far headers are fked and steering/front right tyre. Bad christmas so far...

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    So you hit a few massive puddles when you had poor vision, then you lost control and had stack.

I really don't mean any disrespect mate but are you driving safely or going a little quick in these conditions?

You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    nah, looks like theyre 2 seperate incidents man
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilli View Post
    nah, looks like theyre 2 seperate incidents man
    I know that - not the point of my post. What I'm wondering is how the OP was driving on these two separate occasions. He either has terrible tyres, the worst luck imaginable, or was pushing it too hard on at least one of the occasions.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Well both incidents where under the speed limit. The accident was at 4am, probably was fatigued. My front tyres werent in top condition, they got massive camber wear after the incident just driving it to a mechanic friend.

Member Array
    Car:
    2000 DC2R
    Family friend said i pushed the bottom of my car back, possibly damaged subframe. Need to take it to a panel beater so they can put it on a rig and stretch it back to stock settings. No body damage as such, but dunno how much its gonna cost to repair =/

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    At the end of the day I'm glad to hear you weren't hurt mate. Make sure you get some good front tyres and drive safe!

As for the subframe...well, get it checked and ask for a quote, then decide how much you love the car. If everything else is fine (header, control arms etc?) then personally I'd fix it otherwise you have to try to sell a damaged car and buy a new one. More of a headache.