Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d

shifter rods, short shifter, fastline question.

hi there,

i have a b series in my eg, with itr shift linkages.

today i installed fastline shifter into my eg.

i removed old one and replaced it, once i reassembled everything together, the fastline shifter in neutral position feels very very sloppy, it can move side to side.

i've put plastic bushings or whatever it is all nice and tight.

what can be the problem can someone please shed some light as i'm having troubles.

will rep +1 if you can give me a little information.

also i have a video here for you,

you can see me moving it side to side in neutral position, and after i have put it in gear and also shows to be sloppy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4nqb...ature=youtu.be

thanks
    Last edited by simmy; 26-12-2011 at 09:20 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    I don't have a fastline shifter, but it could feel "sloppy" as you say because you have basically increased the length/leverage of the shifter.

make sense?

someone else who has one installed may be able to let you know how they compare the stock shifter to the fastline unit

edit: looking at your vid in gear that looks ridiculously loose. double checked everything is installed correctly?

Member Array
    Car:
    Canon 5d
    yeah that's what i thought also about the length etc, but i don't think it should be that sloppy, all i done was r&r shifter assembly.

can't seem to figure out the problem, thanks for advice. fingers cross someone out there know's whats the go thankyou

Member Array
    Car:
    eg5
    Same shifter but with vtir integra linkages. Was the shifter brand new or bought 2nd hand? Im not sure but did they offer the fastline shifter for both B and D series motors?
    could be something missing or installed incorrectly.

My one has little play probably around 1-2cm side to side in gear 3-4. Wasn't as sloppy as yours.
    I had hardrace shifter bushings installed and it firmed up very nicely, you could give them a try.