Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc

swapping an rb25det into a civic

i know this idea will not go down well with most people, but i totalled my r33 s2 gts-t the other night. i now have a wrecked skyline in my garage. i'm wondering if it's at all feasible to swap the rb25 into my ek cxi. i have seen huge v8's in civics before so it doesn't sound so outlandish to me.
    i'd absolutely love the thought of a b18c or k20 in the cxi, but i just don't have the money at the moment.
    how diffucult would this swap be?
    thanks for any info. just want to know if it's a stupid idea, or one that might be reasonable.

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    DIY? would require a lot of custom work. Chopping, welding etc. Would be sick though!!
    I don't even know anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    anything is possible with enough money ... the easier thing to do would be to sell ur RB and use the money for a B or K series =)
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Isn't the engine direction all wrong? North-south to East-west?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    lots of money and engineering required, as well as engineers cert to make it complete.... as well as making custom tranny tunnel, rear sub frame etc etc

Imo, rb25 is to heavy with its iron block, an ls1 motor is lighter than a rb, in saying so, ditch the idea, an sell the motor an put the money towards something else
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    ok yes, the engine direction is the opposite. i was thinking it may be cheaper than buying a b18, but if it's not, i would much rather keep it all honda. i didn't want the understeer of a heavy block either.
    thanks so much for the advice guys. i'll sell it off and swap for a b18 or k20! tbh i do love the throttle response of na so i'm excited lol

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>Crx Delsol
    Would be a great idea seeing as you can pick up SR20 RB motors for dirt cheap compared to Honda B and K series. But the trouble you'd go through i reckon wouldn't be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by FAITHLESS View Post
    i was thinking it may be cheaper than buying a b18,
    this is lmzozozozozozzozooooooo

dat dere kids.

I'd see a rb25 into a eg.....for about $25-30000 all up engineered etc as a RWD cut chassis tubbed drag car only. Is this cheaper than a b18 conversion ? Lol
    Just sell your skyline as a wreck and put the coin into a conversion.
    Btw where have you seen all these big v8's in civics ?! None that I know of in AUS
    Last edited by bennjamin; 27-12-2011 at 11:31 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Anything is possible f you have the $$$ if u dont sell the wreck and buy a b16/18 etc.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    CivInteJazPreAc
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    I'd see a rb25 into a eg.....for about $25-30000 all up engineered etc as a RWD cut chassis tubbed drag car only. Is this cheaper than a b18 conversion ? Lol
    Just sell your skyline as a wreck and put the coin into a conversion.
    Btw where have you seen all these big v8's in civics ?! None that I know of in AUS
    haha ****, yeah that makes me loook pretty dumb.
    v8's in civics:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO9ekbnBLbc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUZDm...eature=related
    haven't seen any in aus

Don't they just bolt straight in?