Thread: DC5 Tow Bar

DC5 Tow Bar

Hi,

I have a DC5S and wondering if anyone has any information/tips/shops etc. for getting a small tow bar. I have had a quick search and couldnt find anything.

I have rang quite a few places to try and get roof racks but none seem to exist so I thought a tow bar might do the same job. I have seen them in the US called a hidden hitch where you use the rear tie down hook but it seems a little dodgey to me.

Will be carting a small trailer with kayaks and mountain bikes (and probably make a little rack to hang off the back to hold the wheels of the mountain bike.

Any information from people that have a tow bar would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tow bars have to be certified(with a plate attached), so you'll need to find a licensed manufacturer. I think you'll be lucky to get one "off the shelf". Probably need to be custom made.

Thanks for the reply, I figured these overseas jobs possibly wouldnt comply.

Noone out there has a towbar installed? Would be awesome if you could get tow bars and or roof racks for these cars would make them so much better...

Member Array
    Car:
    370Z/DC5
    Quote Originally Posted by netbiker View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I figured these overseas jobs possibly wouldnt comply.

Noone out there has a towbar installed? Would be awesome if you could get tow bars and or roof racks for these cars would make them so much better...
    Most people don't buy a Type S to tow things with, not really what the car was designed for. Not hating or anything, just saying. Where are you kayaking out of curiosity?

Quote Originally Posted by Oz_Striker View Post
    Most people don't buy a Type S to tow things with, not really what the car was designed for. Not hating or anything, just saying. Where are you kayaking out of curiosity?
    Yeah I realise, hard to find a car thats quick, fun, luxury, sport, cheap on fuel, cheapish to buy etc and still be able to do adventure sports, take your gf to dinner and go to the snow. Trying to get away with it without having to take my parents 4wd everytime I go.

I usually kayak in lake macquarie, Maitland, Newcastle, Upper hunter etc. Hunter is pretty good for mountain biking, kayaking etc.

Ive had the Type S for about 3 years now and its pretty epic vehicle, if you could somehow tow a light trailer every so often or get roof racks for it it would be sickness. I think as it is it is pretty practical, put the back seats down and theres a ton of room.

Another note, I just put on Bridgestone S001's on it and they are AWWWEESOME. dry and wet grip is great.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by netbiker View Post
    Yeah I realise, hard to find a car thats quick, fun, luxury, sport, cheap on fuel, cheapish to buy etc and still be able to do adventure sports, take your gf to dinner and go to the snow. Trying to get away with it without having to take my parents 4wd everytime I go.

I usually kayak in lake macquarie, Maitland, Newcastle, Upper hunter etc. Hunter is pretty good for mountain biking, kayaking etc.

Ive had the Type S for about 3 years now and its pretty epic vehicle, if you could somehow tow a light trailer every so often or get roof racks for it it would be sickness. I think as it is it is pretty practical, put the back seats down and theres a ton of room.

Another note, I just put on Bridgestone S001's on it and they are AWWWEESOME. dry and wet grip is great.
    I remember reading somewhere that towing anything with the dc5/ep3 chassis is a very bad idea and can cause the suspension to collapse. It cant handle even a very small amount of extra weight.

There is a member on this forum that has a tow bar.

I've been asking him to sell it to me for 3 years, but he refuses to.

He doesn't use it.

keeping it from me to piss me off.

lolwut