Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

dc5r hondata kpro review

hii there

i have a dc5r modded with i/h/e that i absolutely love to death.... lately its been a love hate relationship with my baby when the engine light comes on sometimes, the ideal goes all weird and just not happy with its over all performance !!!
    My car is a daily drive i just want a beast ...but is it all worth it ????

firstly my teg isnt the youngest thing out there its on 150000km .. im stressing coz kpro might put unnecessary stress on the motor and everything else ???

secondly since i added i/h/e theres way more power but is rough as in when i change gears it feel like the power is everywhere ..abit of jerk at lower revs etc furthermore more revs going down so quick and dont match if that makes sense !!
    Also will fuel consumption go up or down ???

lastly kpro aint cheap damngggggg but what will i be seeing once my hard earned money is spent ...power ...quicker revs .....different vtec engagements ...higher cutoff rev limiter etc

SOOO please review and share your experiences with us !!!
    most appreciated

cheers =) =)

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Well worth the money.

I put it in using a base map, then had it tuned. The difference between the base map and the stock tune is massive. I've had the car tuned on 3 seperate occations nows, all by Adrian from Toda, and each time I've seen gains.

It all depends on who tunes it, to what gains to expect.

As for putting stress on the engine, service it with decent oils, let the car warm up before you drive it hard, let the car cool down before you turn it off, and get a rev limiter set (Some tuners have been known not to put one on). You should be fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Hondata tunes really work well. If you've done the mods then all you're doing is getting the computer to optimize the performance of the new parts. The stock computer only knows how to work with the stock parts +/- a bit more but the Kpro can base map to basically any mod you put on. Highly recommended if you're adding more parts to your ride. If you're not convinced by Kpro (Which is probably the best option out there) you should consider looking into Haltech systems.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    more power/torque everywhere in the rev range
    much better fuel efficiency

just do all the mods you can before getting a tune (ie rrc/70mm tb, maybe even cams ect..) so you wont have to waste money on another tune in the future when you eventually want more power.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    more power/torque everywhere in the rev range
    much better fuel efficiency

just do all the mods you can before getting a tune (ie rrc/70mm tb, maybe even cams ect..) so you wont have to waste money on another tune in the future when you eventually want more power.
    Yer agree with this do what you want first put it all on then tune it no point spending 500+ for a tune each mod

any recommended tuners and suppliers guys ???? im from Sydney

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    byp
    toda au

look in the traders section on this forum.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    I would recommend Haltech personally as you don't have upload waiting times like the Kpro gives you
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Try Adrian from TODA

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    I would recommend Haltech personally as you don't have upload waiting times like the Kpro gives you
    Lol haltech should not be mentioned in this thread kpro is the only way to go

Member Array
    Car:
    Clio RS197
    Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    1-2 seconds is a real pain in the ass when uploading something.

Actually... later versions are actually real time

Just sayin'

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    Lol haltech should not be mentioned in this thread kpro is the only way to go
    Don't be hating on Haltech. They've got some quality units which update in real time. Kpro and Haltech would be about the same I'd think in terms of the extent of its programmability