Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    I know which would id rather track ! 1100 kgs with 200+ kw would be quick

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Don't bother modding the FD series up unless you were planning to go hardcore. Even then, a cheaper car will still munch you. You remember back during the times of EM1, EK4 and EJ8? This civic is like the HRV. You can make it go fast by throwing money at it, but why would you?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    FD1-RR 2.7
    Id agree with you aaronng, if you mod the fd you either improve the handling and spend 2k and be happy with no power or you spend 15k and build a sleeper. Having owned 1 of the first HRVs in the country (had it for7yrs and 300,000kms ) I cansay ur comparison with the FD is hilarious. The FD is sweet handling modern 4 dr with heapsof room,classic styling !

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 N/A what?
    Unlike the HRV, it's got the looks.
    i live my life full boost, one gear at a time.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Even something as simple as a CAI or SRI will cause the ECU to throw a CEL. It has an AFM after all.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Don't bother modding the FD series up unless you were planning to go hardcore. Even then, a cheaper car will still munch you. You remember back during the times of EM1, EK4 and EJ8? This civic is like the HRV. You can make it go fast by throwing money at it, but why would you?
    wtf? how fail is this comparison? humour me as to how this is the case? the civic has a semi decent chassis with a semi decent motor. if by cheaper car you mean older, then thanks captain obvious, older cars are cheaper.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherweeeny View Post
    wtf? how fail is this comparison? humour me as to how this is the case? the civic has a semi decent chassis with a semi decent motor. if by cheaper car you mean older, then thanks captain obvious, older cars are cheaper.
    Slap the ITR down as a yardstick. Price the work required for a FD to have the same performance level as an ITR or ITS, is going to cost the same as buying a ITR/ITS of the same age. That's how I understood Aarongs argument anyway.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 06-01-2012 at 06:26 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    turbo.
    I don't even know anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    I know the owner of the black FD that was shown on the Modproject website and it cost a shit load to convert (as Modproject are not exactly cheap). In a straight line, his FD munches my EG B18C2 but around Winton, for what he has spent putting K20Z4 and coilovers, I have been able to get a comprehensive suspension, brake, tyre/wheel set up and I end up being about 3 sec a lap quicker (yes yes I know some people are going to scream power to weight, but we both have I/H/E and he has RBC or RRC & K-pro). For the money you are going to spend modding a FD chassis, I would personally go and buy an EG/EK, put a K20 or K24 in it, get a nice suspension & brake package happening and you will come out in front dollar wise and time slip wise
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by stndrd View Post
    I know the owner of the black FD that was shown on the Modproject website and it cost a shit load to convert (as Modproject are not exactly cheap). In a straight line, his FD munches my EG B18C2 but around Winton, for what he has spent putting K20Z4 and coilovers, I have been able to get a comprehensive suspension, brake, tyre/wheel set up and I end up being about 3 sec a lap quicker (yes yes I know some people are going to scream power to weight, but we both have I/H/E and he has RBC or RRC & K-pro). For the money you are going to spend modding a FD chassis, I would personally go and buy an EG/EK, put a K20 or K24 in it, get a nice suspension & brake package happening and you will come out in front dollar wise and time slip wise
    It puzzles me why all that effort for a K20Z when they could've well had a K24 Frankeinstein in there. The FD isn't exactly light.

3 second on a 3km track is a pretty big gap.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 06-01-2012 at 06:39 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    I am not trying to trash his car in any way, shape or form. But I just thought this is a good comparison for the topic at hand
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 Civic Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    It puzzles me why all that effort for a K20Z when they could've well had a K24 Frankeinstein in there. The FD isn't exactly light.

3 second on a 3km track is a pretty big gap.
    I guess you could try taking out all the airbags? Maybe then it would be as light as an EK.