Thread: Base model DC5

Base model DC5

Soon i will be getting my second car (had my red P's for 9 months, younger brother will start learning on my current car) and im just wondering about the base model DC5 integra as my dad mentioned them.

The i-VTEC is just for fuel efficiency and isn't the "VTEC" that changes cam profiles or whatever after a certain RPM? In terms of acceleration the base model DC5 wouldn't be much slower than an earlier model VTI-R and probably handle just as well if not better, right? What is the 2002 "special edition"? Additionally what is the aftermarket like for them and is it even worth it? Im talking about things such as air filets/air intake, exhaust, extractors, lowering springs/maybe coil overs,sway bars, short shifters etc. - probably wouldn't get all of them but is something i'd potentially be interested with.

The i-VTEC still uses the same cam technology but has been taken many more steps into the future. Have a look at this Honda news release video to get a better understanding.
    http://world.honda.com/HDTV/news/2005-4050705a/

As far as there being a base model DC5, I would doubt any were imported by Honda Aus, maybe some by private import.

Dont think they are private imports, there are DC5s for sale which are not Type S or Type R which is what im referring to as base model. Is there a model below whatever that one is known as overseas?

Quote Originally Posted by brent012 View Post
    Dont think they are private imports, there are DC5s for sale which are not Type S or Type R which is what im referring to as base model. Is there a model below whatever that one is known as overseas?
    I getcha. You should be able to find out from Honda Aus which models and options came in through them and therefore have parts support through their dealerships, an important factor if you want easy availability.

Member Array
    Car:
    CR2 Accord VTiL
    I had a base DC5 a few years ago. They are fantastic cars.

I also had a Vti-R before that, and i'd have to say the DC5 is definitively a generation ahead in terms of the drive.
    Speed wise the VTi-R would be a tad quicker than the base DC5.
    There are many parts for these cars. American's refer to them as RSX, so just search online for cheaper parts.

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2
    Have a look at TimmyB's build thread for just about all the information you will need; I've driven a couple in the past and seem quite quick for what they are (coming from a euro)

The special addition from memory came with things like leather, foglights and a few gizmo's, no jump in performance though

I have a base integra=] I'm slowly modifying mine, not really intended for track or anything
    They still have a vtec, but at different rpm

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarquin View Post
    Have a look at TimmyB's build thread for just about all the information you will need; I've driven a couple in the past and seem quite quick for what they are (coming from a euro)

The special addition from memory came with things like leather, foglights and a few gizmo's, no jump in performance though
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...5-Build-Thread.
    Timmy_B DC5 Build

"isnt the vtec the same concept as a turbo anyway.."