Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

vtir trouble wont start

problem fixed thanks for the help hey guys need some help i just bought an integra for my sister as her first car was told it didnt run.
    it has spark, fuel pressure, sounds like it wants to kick over but just wont, i got code 21 from ecu but dont think that would stop it from starting, i swapped the dissy from mine just to see if it would help-didnt. ive also swapped the main relay.

any ideas? also any way of telling if the injectors are pulsing? or if the ecu is broken?

the cel light goes off after a few second when the key is on

any help would be appreciated thanks in advance
    Last edited by v-teg; 31-12-2011 at 05:30 PM. Reason: problem fixed

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    it could had low compression, do a compression test. If you have sparks fuel you will need compression.

yeah checked that all 4 range from 210-220psi

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Quote Originally Posted by v-teg View Post
    yeah checked that all 4 range from 210-220psi
    code- 21 Throttle Position sensor error (signal high)
    could be main relay
    Do you hear the fuel pump prim ?

Starter or Battery maybe? might not have enough charge to crank the engine over? or maybe the starters screwed? If its a manual you could try push starting it? worth a shot I guess.

yeah swapped the main relay with the one out of my integra didnt make a difference, i cant hear the fuel pump but i did loosen the fitting on fuel rail and it squirted out when the key is on, could the fuel be off as i dont know how long it has been sitting for?

could be anything i guess =\ pretty hard to tell, is it cranking over of just a loud tick?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Immoboliser isnt letting the car turn over?
    snapping 2nd..

its cranking over sounds like it is about to start but doesnt, ive checked the timming at tdc all is good, no problems with the imobiliser.

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    Check the main fuse it's under the bonnet next to the battery. It's called ECU it controls the fuel pump etc
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Quote Originally Posted by v-teg View Post
    yeah swapped the main relay with the one out of my integra didnt make a difference, i cant hear the fuel pump but i did loosen the fitting on fuel rail and it squirted out when the key is on, could the fuel be off as i dont know how long it has been sitting for?
    Let somebody turn the car and go under the car beside the fuel tank and listen to the pump if it's working

yea try what DC2 suggested sounds like its the ECU, i think its a 15a (Green?) fuse?