clutch and lighten flywheel setup

Hey guys I've got a eg with a b18c2 and been told the clutch slips at high revs.

Now I'm looking to upgrade. First time I've changed clutches so it all new to me. Can anyone recommend me on what to buy and their thoughts on it.

Car is just a daily but will be taken to the 1/4 and maybe a few track days. Plan on doing the intake manifold,tb,intake later on so want a good clutch/flywheel setup now.

Budget wise anything under 1500 without labour.

Cheers guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    You can meet that easy. I have just recently installed an Exedy stage 2 race ceramic clutch and lightened flywheel.
    Overall I am happy with the move. All the power feels like its being utilised more efficiently. Shifting and launching are is sharp. Down shifting is easy too because of the lightened flywheel.
    Car revs faster, and feels its can easily handle hard launches.

From a stand still though you have to rev your car slightly higher. Took me a day or two to siflt smoothly. Adjusting my technique from a crappy clutch to a good one. When you friction and the clutch begins to grab rev a bit more higher or the revs will drop to far due to the lightened fly and you'll start bunnyhopping slghtly, or majorly depending on you.

Thats the only set back I really got. Just the daily driving stop and go and trying to be smooth. But its a trade off for easy and fun launching.

I have a k24 if that makes any difference.

http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...Stage-2-clutch

Tried PMing you. anyway PM me - I've got just the thing for you and a bargain at that, with change to spare after installing.
    MFactory Competition Products

As stated, excedy clutch and flywheel combo are great bang for buck

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    i just got the exedy HD sports organic clutch with exedy lightened flywheel installed. This will suit your mods fine. Ceramic clutch seems a bit overboard in saying that though 1500 excluding labour is a good budget.
    I was in the same situation as you first time for a new clutch. I'm very happy with it, just need to keep in mind that you will be going from an old clutch to a new one and the difference is quite large. It bites alot harder and earlier this will take a little to adjust to. Clutch pressure is increased by a little bit and i mean a little bit.
    For me, i think the while the lightened clutch is a good investment it has made the car a little harder to drive as mentioned by DakDak, especially hill starts. If you really want your car as a daily drive, i'd say either go a only a slightly lightened fly or stick with a OEM replacement. If you are chasing those times, then go for the lightened fly.
    Green and Gold Ghetto EK4
    OEM Front Lip, Ghetto Special CAI, ASR Brace, ITR Rear Sway, N+ Coilovers, X-Force Headers and TL Muffler, Custom B Pipe, type-r rear lip, OEM visors

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz EVO IX
    you should see what e240 has on offer, he has some good deals.

Flywheel, if its street driven all the time a OEM ITR flywheel is the best bang for buck.
    Clutch - Exedy Sports organic or if you wanna drag race it alot, then the ceramic 3 puk.
    Price wise the ceramic is only abit more expensive i think only $80 if i rem rightly
    I've had both combos and they were street driven without too much issues
    Evo IX - THE FINAL EVOLUTION

Thanks for the replies guys, atm ive been offer the exedy sports organic clutch and lighten flywheel.

looks like ill be leaning towards that. But I've heard that they wear quick?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    gripforce clutches on ebay have a good range at a great prices
    me and a few guys have gotten our exedy stuff from them in the past

i would go for a exedy stage1 clutch with exedy light weight flywheel package
    (the USA models are listed differently to AUS)

i would also put in some hardrace or energy suspension shifter bushings while you are there =)
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680