Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Tip of the hat to you Mr Pacman,
    Though I'm certainly not a turbo H22 fan,
    This has to be one of the best executed, thought out & thorough turbo setups I've seen in a long while.
    Nice.... very nice....
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    What knock detection you running mate? I think the point that mic is makeing, is do you have knock detection/protection? Either a stand alone controller or a ecu feature that removes timing from your tune whenever you knock sensor sees detonation. Its good insurance and for sure somthing i am also looking into !
    Last edited by Sexc86; 05-04-2012 at 12:15 AM.
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU View Post
    Tip of the hat to you Mr Pacman,
    Though I'm certainly not a turbo H22 fan,
    This has to be one of the best executed, thought out & thorough turbo setups I've seen in a long while.
    Nice.... very nice....
    Thanks mate, appreciate your opinion....
    When words fail, Vtec speaks....!

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexc86 View Post
    What knock detection you running mate? I think the point that mic is makeing, is do you have knock detection/protection? Either a stand alone controller or a ecu feature that removes timing from your tune whenever you knock sensor sees detonation. Its good insurance and for sure somthing i am also looking into !
    Ahhhhh.....!
    I see, I don't have anything l "proactive" regarding knock sencing as yet. But thats a good point. Worth considering.

My current setup is basically just for safe tuning and our driver warning..

As always, I got me some homework to do.

Then again, it'd all get a bit boring if I didn't.......!

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek honda civic hatch
    i was refering to a knock sensor that you can hook up to your headphones to listen to while road tuning so you know whats going on

but yea, a safeguard after your done tuning is always good just incase you get some bad petrol or something like that, then your hard earned money doesnt have to leave you again.

also if you get one that works really well, then you can tune agressively, or not need to give yourself that safety buffer that you normally would. but then again, do you want to rely on something so much? lol

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Well no! I don't have that kind of knock sensor.
    When we street tune, it will mainly be just to get it SAFE, not so much trying to get every killer wasp out of it.
    I'm going to leave the performance tune for someone with all the toys.

Speaking of which, I was kinda confused the other day when, while at a performance shop, they were suggesting not to permanently install the innovate motorsport LC1 wide band O2 sensor.

I'm in the middle of replacing my OEM O2 sensor with the LS1. This just seemed to be the right thing to do.

But they were saying to fit it only to tune, then remove it...?

I'm halfway through fitting it. (I know it's not a big job, but I work 80 hours a week, so free time is rare)

Opinions please....?
    Last edited by ThePacman; 06-04-2012 at 04:54 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek honda civic hatch
    wideband is not needed.

the tuner will have there own wideband on the dyno and tune from that. most of the time they will set the computer up so it doesn't make changes to the tune through the o2 sensor. so your car will not need one at all. closed loop or open loop.

i like to have a wideband to datalog for my own interests sake, or to watch on the road if something is feeling funny. but its only for my own curiosity.

when they said to have it for tuning then take it out, its just to save the sensor so it doesn't wear out. they have a lifespan thats a lot shorter then the factory narrowband.. but i leave mine in all the time, I'm not too worried if i have to change the sensor.. what is it.. like $100 or something for mine..

oh hang on. in hondata there is a lean protection you can use that will cut the engine if the afr's get to lean for a certain boost level. so you can hook your wideband up to that :P

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    So your exactly the same as me. Us don't need it, just WANT it.
    Same as the rest of the dam cars. We don't NEED them. Just WANT them.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ek honda civic hatch
    one thing i did with mine was,

got a tune from a guy from the usa.

i would data log a bunch of runs down the highway at different boost levels and he would make adjustments then i would go out again after i upload the changes then send him another datalog.

worked out well and couldnt have been done without a wideband

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Ya see, that kinda functionality makes a WB/O2 totally necessary imo...

A street tune isn't done in a day, maybe not even a week.
    It can, perhaps even should take months....

And out erl give the performance tune guy a much better foundation to work from...

All wroth while if you ask me. And st what real cost. Maybe a new O2 now and then (if ever)

Really??

Anyhow, my LC1 is fitted now. Start street tuning tomorrow....

Life is good.....!

Member Array
    Car:
    1985 ford laser
    Nice Steve ... Owe me a drive mate ! And yes I have my wide band permenantly installed. I datalogg it to the ecu but run in open loop so the ecu doesn't reference to the af values. I like to obtain as much info from my engine as possibly. Also as mic explained earlier it's handy doing datalogg recording and sending to other tuners that may be in a different country or state.. And that's where the af values come in really handy !

Good luck mate I'm sure you will have a big smile on your face when you have your tune finished
    Light up with Lyle - Electrical / Communications / Instrumentation

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude
    Ok,.life want meant to be easy.

The wide band sensor is damaged, so I need a new one. Hmmmmmm...

And the ecu doesn't wasn't to data log.

I can modify the tune all I want. But without being able to data log, thats all but useless....

This is a major set back. And I'm not sure what I'm going to do as yet.....

But I'll come up with something.... May just be the push towards Hondata that I needed....
    Last edited by ThePacman; 08-04-2012 at 11:21 PM.