Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas

WRENCHIN' WITH TRAV - Header Install

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself, OzHonda nor Underground Imports take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: Fit 2peice 4-2-1 Stainless steel Exforce header to eg5 Si. (some other headers/cars may have a different setup)

for more info:
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...t=15242&page=1

Time: 1-2hr depending on how tight the bolts are

Required:
    - Header
    - Manifold sealant
    - Jacks, ramps etc.
    - 14mm, 12mm sockets
    - 14mm, 12mm ring spanner
    - 14mm, 12mm open enders
    - WD40
    - Breaker bar(maybe)
    - Big Common screwdriver

Info:
    OK this is a pretty easy DIY, i did it by myself but id recommend gettin a mates help because some of the bolts r very tight and doin shit by yourself can be just dam boring, Good luck!

Step 1:
    Jack ur car up approprately. I took off my front bar and drove onto some ramps to do my header, my car is very low and i dont trust laying under my car just on a jack so this is what it looked like. Dont foget to let ur car cool a lil bit because its quite hard to do when its hot.

Step 2:
    Check your parts, make sure ur header has the right pieces and gaskets etc

Step 3:
    Make 2pcs one get some sealant, do up the studs with 2 locked nuts, then chuck ur nuts on and do all up. make sure u dont skimp on the manifold sealant also.

Step 4:
    Ok now its time to get into it, remove the 12mm bolts holding on your exhaust manifold head sheild. This is easy, just undo the bolts, i think there is about 4.

Step 5:
    Remove the 02 sensor. This thing is a bitch, took me like 10mins to figure out how to tak it apart without breaking it.
    be careful they r only clips.

still going...................
    Last edited by egSi; 11-10-2005 at 01:25 PM.
    oh wrd!

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    Step 6:
    Ok now take the sheild off.

Step 7:
    Loosen and remove the 2 bolts on the flange connecting to stock header to the catalytic convertor. They have are sping loaded so beaware. one is 12mm(front) and 14mm(rear).

Step 8:
    Find and remove header bracket on the passenger side of the header, just near the il sump plug. they are 12mm and not that tight.

Step 9:
    Ok one more bolt and the header is off, there is one last 14mm bolt on the front of the block holding the header on, it was SOOOOO tight!! i had to use a breaker bar on it so i could some leverage, i broke a ratchet on it too. be careful not to bust ur knuckles.
    [img]http://undergroundimports.com.au/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_****.jpg[/img]
    Last edited by egSi; 11-10-2005 at 01:05 PM.
    oh wrd!

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    Step 10:
    Ok now its time to remove the stock mani off ur block. Spray the 12mm bolts with some WD40. Then take them off.

Step 11:
    Ok now take that ungly manifold off. pry the bracket apart and just jimmy it around until it comes out, i didnt get to many pics of these as i was swearing like a mofo, takes a bit of patience because there is next to no room.

Step 12:
    woot woot! its off!! next to the xforce header u can see the differences in design.

ok now u have to remove the 'donut' re install to the xfroce header
    Last edited by egSi; 11-10-2005 at 01:23 PM.
    oh wrd!

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    Step 12 continued:
    Fit the 'donut' to the Xforce header.

Step 13:
    Now we have to intall the 02 sensor in the xforce header, simple swap, take it out of the old one(will be tight) and then in it goes.

Step 14:
    Ok now remove stock manifold gasket and fit the new one to the block, with lots of mani sealant.

Step 15:
    Jimm teh header in thge engine bay from under the car, this make take some time and patience. :rolleys: Refit the 12mm bolts on the block.
    and then do the ones on teh flange cat and your done! there bracket is not needed to support these headers so u need not to worry.

Step 16:
    Ok now make sure all nuts/bolt are done up tight so it doesnt leak. Now would be a good time to reset your ecu. take out the the ecu chip out of your fuse box in teh engine bay for like 10min and put it back in.

Start your engine and let it idle for a while, it will stink as the mani seal cures with the heat and it might steam a lil but too depening on how much WD40 u get everywhere.

After the car is warmed up go for a drive and listem for any leaks, leaks will sound like a loud clicking, if u hear this head back and re tighten everything.

HOT!

ok if i have missed anything or u have questions, just post or pm me

Congratulations on fitting your Xforce 2 pc Stainless steel header!

EDIT: 10/10/2005.

ok the pics have been reloaded, this is a very old DIY and my car has changed so much since but meh, its still usable. i hope you all appreciate it coz it was so hard to fix the pics.

thanks for being interested and kind words.

Trav

Last edited by egSi; 11-10-2005 at 01:27 PM.
    oh wrd!

Random Array
    Car:
    VW Caddy
    *cough* ECU reset!! *cough*

Excellent write up man!

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    Quote Originally Posted by nedgeworth
    *cough* ECU reset!! *cough*

Excellent write up man!
    step 16 u poof
    oh wrd!

Random Array
    Car:
    VW Caddy
    haha so much for my readin skill's!! Next write-up should be degreasing engine!! :P

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    Quote Originally Posted by nedgeworth
    haha so much for my readin skill's!! Next write-up should be degreasing engine!! :P
    ur next write up should be auto to manual conversion.
    oh wrd!

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    nice Write up Trav...........lets have more DIYs with this much detail, precission and PICTURES!!!
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Member Array
    Car:
    del sol
    Nice write up trav!
    Quote Originally Posted by z3lda
    ey, was drivin a honda city before...
    felt like the biggest poofter in the world..LOL

TRAVDM Array
    Car:
    Lots of Hondas
    thanks win and james.

i have planned a couple more win. the whiteboy, the camera and a broken ratchet have a date with my eg5, coming soon.
    oh wrd!

Member Array
    Car:
    VX II SS, 75 HJ 355
    Any dyno figures / power increase?