Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, EG & EP3R

Exhaust Silencer

hey guys, just a quick question. Tried a search but no luck. I recently put my skunk2 megapower exhaust on and its really annoying me. Would my exhaust silencer affect my car and if so by how much? I got this in a eg b18cr with I/H/E. I put my silencer on for like 5 mins, sounds abit quieter but it felt abit slower. I think the sensors in my bum dyno is playing tricks on me LOL

Thanks

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Just a slip on silencer that goes over the tip? I have one on my kakimoto that's just a wider tip that kinda clamps on around the tip and protrudes a but further out behind the car. Doesnt actually attach to the tip itself.

If yours is like this it shouldn't effect your power output. Otherwise you could get a resonator welded on, they apparently don't effect the power output much at all.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    it does effect it abit... especially on when giving it the full beans

Silencers neck down to much and cause considerable restrictions, in order to reduce the DB

Imo, silencers are nothing more than a band aid solution, if ur finding the exhaust uncomfy to drive around, find another system, or better yet get a custom one, since the skunk2 megapower are a cannon design, that explains alot lol...

What u need is more of a oval shaped muffler with plenty of resonators and extra mufflers to quieten the sucker down without restricting the power to much...

OR better yet learn to live with it
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, EG & EP3R
    thanks guys. my silencer is like this...

so it obviously looks like it restricts power and looks putrid. ill probaly just leave it and wait for a good deal on another catback exhaust. any recommendations?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by JPR28610; 31-12-2011 at 01:57 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    theres a few option out there....

Spoon, hks etc etc

my pick:

fujitsubo legalis R cat back

Apexi WS2

Greddy SE

All are hard to come by, but worth the wait if u do decide on either one of em, the last 2 are US products, so importing them is the only option unfortunately
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, EG & EP3R
    Fujitsubo looks nice! Where can I pck that up from?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    I have a full stainless 3" with two resonators on the b pipe what you can try one resonator at a time but first i would try a muffler then work your way back. Should get quieter with each step until your happy. Saves you buying a new exhaust.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg Civic
    Fujitsubo rm01a

Sounds sexy, it's quit as off vtec and makes great power. Awesome catback.

I personally run a Reinhard and I think with the silencer in it does have a different power band to silencer out. Silencer out is all top end, ins a bit more midrange and alot less noise
    "Wheels are like bosoms to men, and cars have four of them"

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Silencer restricts exhaust flow and would cause losses in pressure and hence power. Go for mugen exhausts. Good gains and not that noisy.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2
    resonators are the easiest way to reduce noise. maybe up the size of your current one. it doesnt reduce power either
    StanceSlutz

S2Krazy Array
    Quote Originally Posted by JPR28610 View Post
    thanks guys. my silencer is like this...

so it obviously looks like it restricts power and looks putrid. ill probaly just leave it and wait for a good deal on another catback exhaust. any recommendations?

Had the same style silencers in my s2000 when it was supercharged. back to back runs with and without silencers in place was an 18rwhp difference..
    --------------------------------------
    PM's Turned Off

Prelude - Sold.
    S2000 - Sold.
    NSX - Sold.
    F355 - Coming...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, EG & EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by Areis View Post
    resonators are the easiest way to reduce noise. maybe up the size of your current one. it doesnt reduce power either
    yeah, im trying to avoid modifying my exhaust so its easier to sell. Id rather sell it and buy a different catback exhaust.