Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SHELL fuel

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '86 Legend 4 Door

SHELL fuel

the other day i was close to shell servo and needed to fill up, so i put in $20 and went on my jolly way, but before even leaving the station i felt my car was running a little under the weather (really shitty low idle and almost stalled, btw my cars an auto) so i keep going not thinking to much of it untill i was stopped at the lights about 1 day later and it was in drive i had my foot on the brake and the idle just kept getting worse and worse until i decided nuetral would be a good idea so i put it in N and revved it and it was still feeling a little chunky.... untill yesterday when i filled up with $57 of BP premo and its run fine ever since. (btw it was shell regular unleaded) i usually run on regular but i decided i would try BP premo to flush the shit out of my system.

MORAL of the story: shell fuel is shit, and i will never by it again, and i have tried BP ultimate, Premo, and regular and all are tops.

Optimax used to be very good when it first came out. Now for some reason its really shit. My dad filled up my car with optimax instead of synergy (which i prefer) and it started to ping slightly so i had to get a bottle of octane boost. Which seemed to stop it

Moderator Array
    Car:
    The non Honda
    No shit I have had that problem, idles like shit house and then stalls u give it a rev and still shit house. Dam optimax could be the problem

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route
    i believe its because of the longer shelf life compared to synergy and ultimate. i havent touched it since i bought my car.

the turnover for shell fuels is much higher than other brands so i dun think the problem is with shelf life.

Member Array
    Car:
    am bu lan
    Shell works fine so stop ur bitching! lol. nah i use premo tho. and always works fine.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 vti-s
    ive never had a prob with optimax. i go out of my way to get buy it. car runs best on it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route
    poor 30 bottles of octane booster :P should work a treat.

Member Array
    Car:
    Del Sol
    The refinery has very strict quality controls. I think you will find the problem lies with the service station operators. Poorly maintained storage tanks, old fuel, etc... I have had water in my optimax before. Moral of the story - never go back to that service station.

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    this has been covered before, there is a huge thread on it isnt there?

yes optimax is gheyified
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Ozhonda Subscriber Array
    Car:
    Ludes
    Quote Originally Posted by ET!
    the other day i was close to shell servo and needed to fill up, so i put in $20 and went on my jolly way, but before even leaving the station i felt my car was running a little under the weather (really ###### low idle and almost stalled, btw my cars an auto) so i keep going not thinking to much of it untill i was stopped at the lights about 1 day later and it was in drive i had my foot on the brake and the idle just kept getting worse and worse until i decided nuetral would be a good idea so i put it in N and revved it and it was still feeling a little chunky.... untill yesterday when i filled up with $57 of BP premo and its run fine ever since. (btw it was shell regular unleaded) i usually run on regular but i decided i would try BP premo to flush the #### out of my system.

MORAL of the story: shell fuel is ####, and i will never by it again, and i have tried BP ultimate, Premo, and regular and all are tops.
    I am glad I am not the only one. Same story with me also find it hard to start. But after a coulple of days it started fine, Just ran ####.
    Tried using Shell before and it did the same thing, I just wanted to double check.
    Ultimate all the way now.
    NSX headlights, DI NOC Carbon film, Flips Parts sale .

recovering.... Array
    Car:
    Nicole
    i go with anything but not shell...