Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8

96-98 Coupe/Sedan Type R Rear lip fitment issues

Hey guys i've recently purchased a type r rear lip for my EJ8 and i was wondering is it actually hard to put it on correctly? I've tried every way to make i straight in the middle but it always end up curving. Heres a pic of it so far

Anybody ever had this problem too?

Thanks guys

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    Do you have a heat gun or something? A hair dryer should work too.
    Try heating the lip up and make bendy-ish and try mould it into the correct shape to straighten it up.
    Im guessing it one of those cheapo ebay rep lips?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by manonastick View Post
    Do you have a heat gun or something? A hair dryer should work too.
    Try heating the lip up and make bendy-ish and try mould it into the correct shape to straighten it up.
    Im guessing it one of those cheapo ebay rep lips?
    Ahh heat actually stretches it out? How long would you actually have to heat it up for though? Do have to like sit there with a heatgun/hair dryer fo 30mins or something? And yeah its the ebay lips, looks dodgy when its not straight lol.

Member Array
    Car:
    EF9 and EVO9
    rear lip for a civic coupe/sedan is different to that of a hatch. did you buy the lip for a hatch or for a coupe?

replica lips usually have poor fitment. you could heat it up to bend it to shape and drill more holes into your lip and rear bar to put some extra bolts to make it fit properly.
    Winton Raceway
    B16A EM1 - 1:50
    B16A
    EF9 - 1:48

There should be quite a few bolts and clips to hold it to the bottom of the bar and the holes for them are usually factory preformed to match up. Looks like you've only got a few.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    The problem stems down to the fact that u need brackets to support the mid section to even it out.

U need to make or out source brackets to support the mid section, as alot of the ebay stuff doesnt accommodate for it.

OEM lips on the other hand have these brackets to make for 100% fitment.
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Hmmm well when i bought it, the guy put in the backets already (1 one each side and 2 in the middle) and i've mounted the middle correctly but when it comes to the sides i don't get how its meant to be mounted. I tried every possible way for the side to be mounted with the bracket and it didnt make sense so i tried putting like 2 screws on each side of the lip and thas how it looked like lol. It needs to be pushed up abit but theres no way of pushing it up when it just keeps coming back down to the position in the pic. If anybody found any DIYs on how to fit it on it'll be great otherwise i might need some physical help lol

And my lip is for the coupes i double checked it with the seller

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 CXI
    I've got the same problem with a rear lip i got from JDM yard. It's just down to poor moulding on replica's, that's why i'm on the lookout for a proper OEM item. I've fitted some brackets in the middle as you have and screwed them in from the sides but the fitment is still shocking. It would take alot of work and a shitload of adhesive to get a no gap fitment lolol.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by dr1ftaX View Post
    I've got the same problem with a rear lip i got from JDM yard. It's just down to poor moulding on replica's, that's why i'm on the lookout for a proper OEM item. I've fitted some brackets in the middle as you have and screwed them in from the sides but the fitment is still shocking. It would take alot of work and a shitload of adhesive to get a no gap fitment lolol.
    Yeah i know far but apparently there are some people who can make it exactly like oem. I might need to redo mine again tomorrow.

Member Array
    Car:
    1994 CD Accord
    i bought my lips of ebay and it should come with 2 long bolts that go near left and right, just off the centre of the lip to get rid of the gap. but that fitment is so bad

Member Array
    Car:
    rwb 911 , eg
    just trim little off the lip should be fit on .