Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    Gutted EF8
    i had to replace mine a few years ago and i just cut 10mm of the end of the tie rod end.
    it works perfectly fine and there was still plenty of hex end on it to put spanner on to
    and its far cheaper than getting OEM ones $70 bucks compared to $360
    Tuckshop Wiring Systems

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Quote Originally Posted by hondapop View Post
    Are you referring to the TRE's or the upper extension of the knuckle/hub (up to the top ball joint)?

If it's the TRE's, Honda changed to the cranked type progressively at the end of the 1980's (Civic/Crx ED, Integra DA9, CB Accord and BB4 Prelude). My little GA2 City has them as well. Even on full lock they don't come anywhere near the brakes or CV's etc.

If it's the hub's upper extension, I compared it to the DA9's and found that the inward curve is virtually identical ('cause I thought the EF8's might give more tyre/rim clearance) but it doesn't.
    The upper part of the knuckle.

Comparing the pics you posted earlier, and chatting to a mate, It seems that the upper part of the knuckle may have been flatter in order to add another inch or so width in avaliable tyre width on the race cars.

The different length in the crank for the TRE is just an after thought, as they were shorter on these particular knuckles.

keep in mind this is speculation, not fact.
    to see all of my build, checkout