Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    replace prb with rbc (or rrc if you got money to throw around)
    replace 2.5" with 3"

easy 150kw, probably more.
    mat it to an ep3r/dc5r gb and you'd be laughing.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    replace prb with rbc (or rrc if you got money to throw around)
    replace 2.5" with 3"

easy 150kw, probably more.
    mat it to an ep3r/dc5r gb and you'd be laughing.
    Tru bro.. But cant afford no more mula for the rbc or rrc

Ill be using 5sp gb.. Instead of the 6spd

And 3inch zorst would be at a later track when i decide to boost her.. Lol
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, EK4
    Expect around 140-145 with those bolt ons.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    What is all this CRAP about it's hard to engineer a K24? (or K series in general for you civics)

Have any of you actually tried and been down the path or even bothered to download the light vehicles regulations and read what's required?

I got my car engineered with absolutely NO problems. The engineers actually like the K swapped Hondas for their simplicity and design philosophy (good engine, good gearbox, good brakes, good chassis) - I have not seen one owner with a K series try to engineer the car with sub standard brakes, and if you do, you deserved to get reemed for being a tool. Fact is, all OEM brakes with a good setup will pass you engineering. Just make sure you have tyres that actually grip...

Regarding EPA - again... easy as shit. Make sure that airbox is closed, the fuel tank isn't venting to atmosphere, the rocker cover breather is plumbed accordingly and there is no reason for them to deny you. I have the EM240 drive cycle data logged in K-pro with me and I passed easily with a tune that was too rich. The guys are good.. they want to pass you, if you fail, it's no big drama, you just come back the next week. They were kind enough to let me sit in the car with the laptop and tune as they ran the test.. which is all over in a matter of minutes.

So for those, who are interstate or those who have absolutely no idea on the process, please.. do the community a favour and keep your weightless comments to yourself. I once upon a time believed all the crap about how hard it is to engineer a car, until I tried to do it...Stick to ADR/ASNZ standards and there is no reason you won't pass.

PS - All engineering signatories have been canned as of late, there are new regulations and signatories to be announced soon. (I haven't looked into it since, but this was the last I heard as of last month)

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Here we go again...

Quote Originally Posted by IV73CI View Post

1) they knew the amount of work, money involved for the conversion and the first thing that came into their head was the unlimited amount of $$$ they can charge for their services. (ridiculous amount on 1 engineer was charging) Rta have no control on what these engineers charge as it is entirely up to them.
    Does this surprise you? What did you expect engineering to cost? $150 like your headgasket? By the engineering signing off the car he is essentially putting himself liable for your modifications, if you have an accident due to a failure of a component and that component was not ADR approved (can be engineered at the engineers discretion) well he gets done for it....hence the massive amount of money expected for you to pay.

2) one engineer said, if u fail a category, fix it then Come back and it will be another charge. I was like wtf??
    Yes... does this surprise you again? It's their TIME... which normal person works for free in this world?

3) one engineer even said "once u have an exhaust, air filter automatically that fails your emission gases - no exception. So i said even detuning the ecu?? And he said yes which will make your car run very lean and yet still will fail. Put the stock zorst, filter setup then you should be sweet.. So i said fair enough.
    ^ lol - please....did you call your friend down the street? If an engineer thinks "detune = lean" they don't deserve their signatory license (which is now invalid anyway). It's also offensive, or maybe you're that obtuse to understand that you completely disregarded my previous EPA comment where I had my car on the Botany EPA rolling road which is known as the worse station to get tested at (where that logic comes from I don't know..) I had a 3" exhaust, high flow cat, non standard intake and managed to pass with ease.

Ive spent hours on the phone and in person with these engineers and pretty much turned me off from conversions originally...
    LOL this one makes me laugh the most... you spent hours on the phone with an engineer who should be charging ~$150/hr for their time? LOL.

But ever since operation Kilowats is inplace, theyve decided this is our time to shine and make money from these car enthusiast.
    Take the immaturity off this board, this is for blatant illegal cars. If you have complied to the rules there is no reason for you to be done.

Do me a favour and post up the 3 engineers you have been talking with, if I recognise the name, I will call them and speak with them to see why they refuse. I dealt with 2 engineers, chose one for reasons that the first guy was just too busy and I wrote my own report for the car to be signed off, I have a fair idea of what needs to be legal and what doesn't so I find this rather idiotic that you can't find someone to engineer your car without a hassle. Everyone in this industry knows the Hondas are a good car to engineer.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    Honestly, we should start a new thread.

I still don't understand where half your comments are coming from?

Regarding your friends who keep getting knocked back by the EPA, who the hell tuned their car? There is no need for two cats.. half the problem is getting heat into the cat and if you're using the right one, tell them to look into CAT placement rather than jamming two together.. I can have four cats and still not work as good as one.

De-tuning the ECU will not pass you EPA....... you need to tune the car, and no, a lean tune will not pass you EPA either. Lean tunes = high levels of NOx.

If you need a hand with setting your car up for engineering, PM me...

^ oh but... I just realised you don't give a **** what I know, so stick to your ignorance and get reemed by the cops, idiot.

The future of this country is ****ed...

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Chris is trying to help you op.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by u mad? View Post
    Chris is trying to help you op.
    OP was about cooling issues not engineering a car.

But it did went astray from the OP and ended up on a off a OP topic.. Lol
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    LOL are you threatening him.

Member Array
    Car:
    G6E turbo

y u idiot fight on internet

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Squared
    ^ LOL ! The keyboard warrior is out.

I don't see how "Now that you have started it - IDGAF of what you know nor what you have experienced. as i said your lucky to get away with it. +1 rep for that" is in any manner "supportive" - that is blatant ignorance...

As Umad says, I came here to HELP you, but you obviously don't care what I have to say, or the rest of the board?

Also I might add, as an Engineer myself, guess what - seems that you just had another salty beginning. YOU must be the problem.

Now if you wake up to yourself and apologise for your offensive/childish comments, I'd appreciate it.

If you're wondering why I'm so defensive.. I know what half these engineers had to go through to get that piece of paper to let them be signatories for modified vehicles, it's not easy and we don't do things because we FEEL like it.