Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK 1999 Hatch

Where to buy steel/alumin pipe for air filter - south east

Im in the south east melb, needa know where i can buy pipe for making air filter
    I've been to clayton repco and they have real small ones, elbow type :/

Assuming you're talking about the pipe that goes TO the air filter, go to bunnings man, they'll help you out if you explain what you wanna make. Or buy a cheapo CAI/SRI off ebay and use the pipe.

On a side note, clayton repco are bloody duds. Have no idea what they're doing/talking about. Wanky attitude too

dougie_504 on here made his own CAI and it ended up costing him a fair bit. The bends, clamps and pipes all add up, not cheap buddy.
    Last edited by charliebrown; 06-01-2012 at 12:02 PM.
    KEEP IT VIET | KEEP IT JDM
    FaLL iN LoVe WheN YoU aRe ReAdY, NoT WhEN YoU ARe LOnEly

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    try actionaluminium.com.au. They have good prices and will sell you what ever length you want.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    It's pretty complicated since you'd have to grind, cut and weld the piping together. If anything, check out bunnings for some piping

Member Array
    Car:
    Grocery getter
    made my own, cheap as fuark. the pod was the most expensive thing. Might not look the greatest, but i dont give a rats ass. Sounds just the same as any branded pod, and power differences? Negligible on a SOHC d series.

ohhh and i bought most of my stuff from bunnies, and local auto stores.
    I don't even know anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Depending on what size & length you want, the last one I priced up was about $100 (to suit DC4) from throttle body to pod filter. Tho this does not include silicone hoses & hose clamps
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8