Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro luxury manual
    Quote Originally Posted by afgmoh View Post
    Hey guys, I have a CL9 and my front 2 tyres have some pretty low tread and was in the market at just replacing the front 2. The back are fine, and the spare has never been used.
    I really wanted something that can make the ride much smoother and quieter perhaps, cos i've noticed with more use the ride has become a bit louder and uncomfortable. Would these tyres still fit for a CL9? (I'm not too familiar with tyres) Or would there be any others you'd suggest?
    Michelin PS3s

Member Array
    Car:
    Lexus IS-F
    Order tyres from USA! Tirerack.com.
    I just ordered a set, just about all tyres for the CU2 euro 17" (225/50R17 98 load rating) cost between US$120 - US$140. Shipping is US$325 a set.
    They have heaps to choose from (16 to be exact), so not short of selection...
    Saved over $400!!!
    Honda Accord Euro CU2 / Lexus IS-F

Member Array
    Car:
    CL9 Euro, Evo 8
    Michelin PS3 is the best all round tyre to get.

Hi Guys,

Going to Taleb tomorrow and getting Toyo Proxes 4... Any review on these? I'm replacing the Kumhos, so just wondering if Toyo better than Kumhos?

Thanks
    Last edited by denot; 23-03-2012 at 10:35 PM.

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Euro Luxury 09 Auto
    i just got my new rims and tyres installed
    got toyo proxes 4 from taleb - $200 each installed

they seem pretty good and have decent reviews.

Made in Japan with some additional silica compound.

mine were exact same as stock 235/45r/18

nothing wrong so far. I like the tread pattern alot more than the michelins
    Last edited by furythree; 02-04-2012 at 09:54 PM.
    ホンダ・アコード ・ユーロ

Quote Originally Posted by furythree View Post
    i just got my new rims and tyres installed
    got toyo proxes 4 from taleb - $200 each installed

they seem pretty good and have decent reviews.

Made in Japan with some additional silica compound.

mine were exact same as stock 235/45r/18

nothing wrong so far. I like the tread pattern alot more than the michelins
    Dang u fury! That set is mine!!! Now i hope they have another set

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family

Member Array
    Car:
    accord
    Great price on the Toyos... this is why you dont need to go that Tirerack since local seller often have good deals if you know how to look for one. Not to mention wire transfer only at Tirerack..f that!

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Lux
    Potenza Sale - Buy 3 and get the 4th Tyre Free
    http://www.bridgestone.com.au/potenza/
    Cusco RSB setup and Tein S-Tech for sale
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...okies-Civic-FD

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
    Great price on the Toyos... this is why you dont need to go that Tirerack since local seller often have good deals if you know how to look for one. Not to mention wire transfer only at Tirerack..f that!
    discounttiredirect does paypal...

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/home.do
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Type R Positive View Post
    Order tyres from USA! Tirerack.com.
    I just ordered a set, just about all tyres for the CU2 euro 17" (225/50R17 98 load rating) cost between US$120 - US$140. Shipping is US$325 a set.
    They have heaps to choose from (16 to be exact), so not short of selection...
    Saved over $400!!!
    I have bought from tirerack in the past as well. The savings over those sold here are significant. Not to mention the larger selection of tyres to choose from.

For Australian conditions, I highly recommend checking out this: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...ay.jsp?type=MP

For more 'economical' choices, have a look here: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/survey...y.jsp?type=UHP

hth..

Just another quick point, I think sticking with the main brands is a good idea. However, no 'brands' as a whole is better than another. A high performance kumho will outperform a midrange pirelli/michelin/bridgestone etc. The 'model' of tyre is more important imho...

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Just to put it in there, my Conti Sport Contact 3 definitely have more grip than my Dunlop SP Sport 2050a I had before, but god their loud. If you care about noise level, just avoid. Not going with Conti's anymore.

Edit: The problem with reading online reviews is that their made by a lot of random people. Take my Conti CSC3 as an example, it's actually rated very highly in tireracks survey, however my own experience differs greatly. The problem is that most people had the Conti CSC3 as OEM equipment, then they changed to cheap tyres like Kumho or basic Bridgestone/Mich/Yoko ect so they rate the Conti's higher than what their worth. If only there was a website where tyres were tested under similar conditions.
    Last edited by ChaosMaster; 08-05-2012 at 05:08 PM.