Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    Hankook is the number 1 tyre brand in Korea according to my Korean friend. Even VW uses Hankook as OEM on their VW Golfs and Tiguans, along with other premium brands. You can see Michelin / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Hankook / Conti fitted to VW Golf 118 TSI, because they just make so many Golf's!

at the moment this would be my choice when my Michelins die:
    TOYO
    T1-SPORT PROXES
    Profile : 235/45R18
    Speed : 98Y XL

http://www.performancealloys.com/tyr...s.aspx?ID=3654

some reviews:
    http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/To...s-T1-Sport.htm

these Toyos should be made in Japan.

around AU$1050 landed plus credit card fee and local fitting / balance fees. No custom / GST as the items total cost excl shipping is under $1k.

Dunlop Fast Response

What about the Dunlop Fast Responses?

Beurepairs have them on sale for $214 each.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 Accord Euro
    i didnt pay that much but that is what the tyre place charges
    i paid $250 a tyre
    they are hankook ventus v8 Rs 235/45/18
    but i have been told you can change the diameter a little like get some 245/40/18 or something along this line and it wont change your speedo plus there is more choice avialable and they are wider so give you more grip

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkid View Post
    i didnt pay that much but that is what the tyre place charges
    i paid $250 a tyre
    they are hankook ventus v8 Rs 235/45/18
    but i have been told you can change the diameter a little like get some 245/40/18 or something along this line and it wont change your speedo plus there is more choice avialable and they are wider so give you more grip
    Hmm that's like sumitomo/falken prices.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkid View Post
    I have just got 2 hankooks on the front and i am pretty happy with them and they are similar price to Mich
    so you are saying the Hankook is $400-$450 each? Michelin Primacy HP is quoted around $450 each.

or your dealer managed to get you a quote of $250 for a Michelin but you chose Hankook instead?

Quote Originally Posted by buddah51au View Post
    When I got mine they were on special - buy 4, pay for 3. Cost $1114.00. Manufactured in Thailand
    I was quoted a tiny bit lower than what you paid but unfortunately the Goodyear factory in Thailand is waterlogged too so I can't get them!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    08 Accord Euro
    what happend was the tyre place went to order some pirelli tyres and the supplier made a mistake and said i could get the hankooks for the same price as the pirelli tyres
    i would have chosen the michelins but they cant do the same price i was told this was a 1 off deal and that if i wanted more hankooks i would have to pay more

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    You picked Hankooks Over Pirelli? O.o
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

paid $250 last month per tyre for Pilot Sport 3 fitted!

Quote Originally Posted by gbang007 View Post
    From where?

In 235/45/18?

EDIT:

Picked up a set of Michelin Pilot sport 3 - 225/45/17 fitted to my Euro for $1000! Bargain......
    Yeah, for some unknown reason Honda put on these weird sized 18" on the CU2 so they're quite a bit more dear in comparison to other sizes.

All the tyre shops I've been calling are asking me to re-confirm size because of the width and other suggest to get a 245 sized tyre as it'd be cheaper. urgh.
    Last edited by I CU2; 10-01-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    GTI /Tiguan/CU2
    it has to be 225 45 17. there is no way on earth (at least in Aust and UK) a PS3 sells for $250 each in 235 45 18.

Not even in UK Performance Alloys: http://www.performancealloys.com/Fin...35/45R18&bid=2

Hi guys, thanks for some useful info currently looking for tyre replacement for my, er..., my bro in law's CU2 as well. Which of these tyres are the quietest?

Bye2 Honda... Hello Mazda family