Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1

Best steering wheel size ?

Hey
    Im looking at getting some aftermarkets wheels for my ek as the stock steering wheels feels too large for my liking. Drove a bmw and quite like the steering wheel size of that but i don't know how big it is. Im currently looking at either Momo tuner or maybe a s2k wheel. Wondering what is the stock ek's steering wheel size and what sizes steering do you guys mainly use for your car? I know going aftermarket i am going to lose the safety of the airbags but do you get a defect if you get pulled over by cops as well for using aftermarket wheels?

Depends on the cop. Just know that if your car came stock with airbags then its a defect.

Cant help you with steering wheel size though coz I quite like the stock size

Member Array
    Car:
    K20 nugget
    Most aftermarket steering wheels come in 330mm or 350mm. The smaller the wheel, the heavier but more direct it will feel. Having used both aftermarket steering wheels in both sizes, I prefer 330mm.

However, steering size is not the only thing that matters. The thickness and shape of the wheel also has a huge impact... The quality is also something to consider, as this is something that will be in front of you every second you are driving. You'll be touching it, feeling it, staring at it, caressing it... If you don't 100% like it you will end up hating it.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    I suggest 330 with some depth too because if it's too shallow you keep knocking your indicator etc

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by androo View Post
    Most aftermarket steering wheels come in 330mm or 350mm. The smaller the wheel, the heavier but more direct it will feel. Having used both aftermarket steering wheels in both sizes, I prefer 330mm.

However, steering size is not the only thing that matters. The thickness and shape of the wheel also has a huge impact... The quality is also something to consider, as this is something that will be in front of you every second you are driving. You'll be touching it, feeling it, staring at it, caressing it... If you don't 100% like it you will end up hating it.
    So its a fairly important thing then? What would you guys recommend getting?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    if the car has factory airbags and you are only driving it on the street - leave it alone! - safety is much more important than a new wheel
    also chaning an SRS wheel to non SRS is illegal and cops are VERY pissy about it

my only advice is - dont get something too small, they feel direct but obstruct your vision of the cluster
    also get something with a slight amount of depth - ie not flat - they are much better
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R, EG & EP3R
    i agree about being to small that you cant see the cluster. had that problem, then bought a nardi deep corn 350mm. i like it but the only downside is its a long reach for the indicator and wipers. pretty much up to you.
    BARPPP

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    anyone know the size of the ek wheel though before i attempt gettin anything?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    dont you have a measuring tape? lol

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSaint View Post
    dont you have a measuring tape? lol
    . . . .
    why didnt i think of that. . .
    thanks anyhow

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    ur only real solution here is to find ek9 momo steering wheel... its direct plug and play for the air bags, unless the air bags have been deployed or removed, than ur stuffed lol

i know others have fitted like S2k and dc5 wheels, but thats all i know...

Dont mess around with opting for non srs wheel, u will be raped by the cops
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    ur only real solution here is to find ek9 momo steering wheel... its direct plug and play for the air bags, unless the air bags have been deployed or removed, than ur stuffed lol

i know others have fitted like S2k and dc5 wheels, but thats all i know...

Dont mess around with opting for non srs wheel, u will be raped by the cops
    not to mention its hella dangerous - i have been in some really hairy accidents - most of them were out of the blue
    the airbag was the only thing that saved me from major head injuries =/
    even with the airbag i still got a desent smack on the head from the top of the steering wheel lol

i also think the new foot wheel and knee air bags are brilliant ideas - because i have always sustained major leg injuries from the dash board and pedals from my accidents =(

i spent over 12 months in a wheelchair in 07/08 from an MVA (motor vehicle accident) - spent 4 months in 3 diff hospitals and like 8 surgeries
    almost lost my feet - wasnt even going that fast either - some idiot hit me and sling shotted me into a tree
    i was in a Dc2 Integra =/
    Last edited by TheSaint; 12-01-2012 at 01:10 PM.