Member Array
    Car:
    DC2K20.4R

Accidently Posted twice, Can remove this one, Thankyou

Hey everyone,
    Sharing my dc2r with you all.
    Bought this in 2010 with the b18c7. Then spun a bearing half year later, My fault. From not checking the oil before giving it a boot one night.

Since that i was thinking of repairing it. Asking people questions about how i should go about this.

Then Benson from BYP came along and offered me The built b20vtec longblock he had from the civic after a change of motor. So i organised with him everything i needed and upgraded.
    Helped me out with all the parts and answered all questions i had about it. (GREAT SERVICE Highly recommend these guys)

Did the swap myself with mate helping me with the pulling out and dropping in of the motors. Something I loved doing. Was good to learn how it all comes together.

Loved the b20, Had an awesome crossover note (was extra loud) from then on I didnt look back.

After having the b20 for half a year, I wanted more power and torque. So I talked to Benny about the K swap and he explained and showed me how much of a better layout the K series are.

From there we talked business !! was going to go with the standard k24 package one of many Packages BYP Has to offer. I looked into Some builds that they have done with previous customers and what caught my eye was the k20/24 frank, with anywhere from 150 to 160kw. So we went along with that Build.

The build consists of:
    Standard k24euro block
    Standard Ausdm ITR k20 head (with JDM red cover)
    ITR 6 speed gearbox
    All essential Parts needed for the k-swap. (mounts, headers ect)
    Hondata Kpro ecu (tuned for both 98pump and e85)
    ORC clutch and flywheel
    RBC manifold and 70mm t/b
    3inch midpipe to 2.5inch axle back
    650cc injectors
    Custom Intake

So when the day came i drove down to sydney to start the transformation!!
    The b20vtec was then removed and placed into a Em1. Making 146kw on e85

The two swaps for the em1 and the dc2r only took a week!!!! Thats a quick delivery

Here few pictures. Still waiting on the complete photos from a mate.

The B20vtec after install.

Last time the motor will ever be seen in this car!! (at BYP workshop)

The beginning

Oil Pump change to k20

Coming together

Jdm cover looks good

RBC+70mm t/b and nice polished rail

Up high !!

Some the K swap parts

ORC !!

Frank is in!

Week later i came back to sydney to collect the final product. I came early that day so i was able to watch the tune of the car and see how it all works. Was a good day but the heat killed us for a bit. then all of a sudden later in the arvo it got really windy so guess made up for the heat :P

The Final result that even suprised Benny!!
    from the 150kw to 160kw that is promised with a kswap.
    Its made a good 166.9kw on pump98 and an awesome 172.2kw on e85 !!

Exellent Work with figures to prove these guys are the Best at what they do.
    Thankyou again for the wonderful setup, will be definetly coming back for future work on the dc2r Drag times will be coming soon !!
    Last edited by jezza30; 09-01-2012 at 08:48 AM.