Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R

Unhappy Think i may have hydrolocked my dc5r ):

Hey guys so i was driving home neutral bay lastnight after a friends birthday party and it was seriously raining real heavy. I know hydrolock only occurs when the filter is fully submerged in water but i was making sure i was driving very conservative always staying at 3k rpm or lower just to be safe.
    Anyway there was this 2 lane road that had water around knee deep but was of short distance because it was a dip in the road. I couldnt turn or swerve to avoid it so i immediately put my car in neutral to minimise any suction from the filter and tried to roll through the water. Car still drives ok when im driving conservative at 3k rpm or lower but now my car doesnt go pass 5k rpm and my car can barely start up.. doesnt sound or feel how it normally does during start up and start up probably takes 1-2 seconds longer?

Ive just woke up and havent started the car since so my car has been sitting home. Whats the best thing to do now? And how serious is this?
    Last edited by FoShizz; 09-01-2012 at 06:01 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    Well the filters wet, car is probably in limp mode which sounds like crap with a wet filter. Don't worry its driveable just take it your mechanic and ask them to do a diagnostic scan on the ecu and remove the limp mode

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    I think the car just freaked out cos it deteced a bit of water. maybe u can pull the ignition coils out and shoot water out like they do on youtube?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    this doesnt sound too bad your air filter is just wet as johnO said and so just get the limp mode removed from your mechanic and should be all good hopefully.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    this happened to me a while ago, i have a CAI (not a good decision for driving in the wet) but i have a hydro shield on it. i drove in a ditch in the road on the pacific hwy round crows nest that was filled with water and my car started having a panic attack haha. i pulled over in a back street and left it for a little while and was all good. scary feeling tho, i try to avoid driving in terrible weather anymore.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    The hydroshield is kind of anti-performance since you get pressure losses in there = probably as much power as stock. But on the other hand, it's good for situations like this

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Pop your hood. Remove spark plugs and crank your car. Just to be safe, this ejects any water that maybe in your engine out.

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    If you drove home, I would doubt that there is water still in your engine. Also limp home mode is usually only in auto transmission fitted cars. I would get your gearbox oil changed (incase water got in thru the breather) and check all your sensor values thru a scan tool
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    hey all, i bought the car to adrian at toda, he some stuff on it i think and then he told me to test it, car runs fine now. pretty much 100% back to normal only thing is car feels like theres a tiny tiny tiny bit of loss in power, but i have a feeling this might be just my head and not the actual car lol

Member Array
    Car:
    Vonda R
    Maybe its in your head man, you get use to the power and sometimes it feels abit dull

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk
    SPAM|WERKS
    got you covered with a johnoroll

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DC5R
    haha yeah i hope were both right rofl