Car:
    Pimpin rover
    how long is a piece of string

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    Quote Originally Posted by CRXDEL501 View Post
    how long is a piece of string
    Just like putting that piece of string to a ruler to measure it's unknown length, take the car to a panel beater where they can tangibly assess it and give you a quote!

Quote Originally Posted by hussLEr View Post
    Just like putting that piece of string to a ruler to measure it's unknown length, take the car to a panel beater where they can tangibly assess it and give you a quote!
    Best bit of advise yet. In this increasingly keyboard, txting internet world there are still some things you've got to get off your butt and physically do.

Member Array
    Car:
    Pimpin rover
    Lol yeah buddy

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2 Integra
    Heard $1500 for home jobs but that's just painting your car the same colour. Its Usually $3-4 grand If your spraying the whole car a different colour unless you make your car "Ready to be painted" So they don't need to charge you for sanding, prime etc.

To be cheap, just buy 2pac paint and DIY it .... ( illegal though )

Quote Originally Posted by Evok View Post
    To be cheap, just buy 2pac paint and DIY it .... ( illegal though )
    I guess by illegal, you mean not done in a spray booth (SShhhhh, then, don't tell my neighbours)

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic
    Quote Originally Posted by hondapop View Post
    I guess by illegal, you mean not done in a spray booth (SShhhhh, then, don't tell my neighbours)
    No, it's actually toxic for YOU and your neighbour!

No, it's actually toxic for YOU and your neighbour!
    Indeed it is.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by TyD View Post
    Because you will be going a different colour, you will need to take off all the doors, paint the inside of them, all the door jams, under the bonnet, engine bay etc. It's a pretty big job and I don't see you getting a decent job done for 3grand.
    Quote Originally Posted by HONDAPOWER234 View Post
    expensive, best to avoid a full respray. or if ur game enough DIY

Lmao ... How many cans of spray paint do you think a DIY job would take? It's not like anyone can just pick up the art of spray painting a car! Seriously delirious! Bahahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Diy also mean you use a compressor and you do all the work by yourself. I have seen some one who sprayed his car with spray can, But he used too many cans. That's will cost too much money.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by hmetro24 View Post
    Diy also mean you use a compressor and you do all the work by yourself. I have seen some one who sprayed his car with spray can, But he used too many cans. That's will cost too much money.

LOL LOL LOL I'm not ignorant to how DIY works it's just that you just can't say "Hey I want to respray my car" and go out and do it. People study and perfect the talent! I was being sarcastic! LOL

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Quote Originally Posted by imrtal View Post
    LOL LOL LOL I'm not ignorant to how DIY works it's just that you just can't say "Hey I want to respray my car" and go out and do it. People study and perfect the talent! I was being sarcastic! LOL
    Not right, If you wanna learn anything in your life, you do it and you learn from your mistakes. Do some research for the basics and start from there. All these Uni, colleges, Tafe or whatever are Almost crap.
    I am Painting my car By myself never sprayed anything in my life. But i know that I wanna learn how to spray paint. Also You will save too much money doing jobs by yourself.
    Last edited by hmetro24; 13-01-2012 at 10:37 PM.