Aftermarket intake vs stock with cover off sound

How does an aftermarket intake system compare to the stock with the cover off for sound?
    Anyone selling one?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY01' S2000
    I just recently installed a K&N FIPK and it's louder the just removing the stock intake. Although, if your just cruising around you can't hear. Best bang for buck mod and the vtec cross over is twice as loud and significant, it has made me fall in love with my car again, only downside is that I can't hear my exhaust after 4000rpm @ WOT

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX52K
    Here some nice info for you =)

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/6344...intake-thread/

Im still waiting for my K&N FIPK. Great sound and great gains especially in the low to mid range where the S2000 really needs it in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Newtype View Post
    Here some nice info for you =)

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/6344...intake-thread/

Im still waiting for my K&N FIPK. Great sound and great gains especially in the low to mid range where the S2000 really needs it in my opinion.
    How much u paying for urs? where from, ebay?
    And yeah hopefully since ive been driving around with the cover off these days and lost a bit of power ill feel the little boost even more

Member Array
    Car:
    AP1,DC2R,NA6
    The howling with the lid off sounds plain ugly. I'd recommend the k&n fipk. They're available on eBay for approx <$300. Intake isn't going to give you much gains, unless it's the j's racing or pwjdm(over $1000) and even those would give you the slightest gains.

Member Array
    Car:
    NSX52K
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    How much u paying for urs? where from, ebay?
    And yeah hopefully since ive been driving around with the cover off these days and lost a bit of power ill feel the little boost even more
    Yeah thats probably due to heatsoak with the cover off. Im paying 260 including shipping for my one from ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/390373489072...84.m1497.l2649

I tried S2KI Forums but they were charging well over 300 for brand new ones and around 300 for second hand ones (all including shipping)
    According to majority of people that installed them, they feel better throttle response and decent gains. Even if the gains arnt that high with any set up, the sound alone is worth it =).

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicks View Post
    The howling with the lid off sounds plain ugly. I'd recommend the k&n fipk. They're available on eBay for approx <$300. Intake isn't going to give you much gains, unless it's the j's racing or pwjdm(over $1000) and even those would give you the slightest gains.
    I dont know whats wrong with your intake, but the K&n and cover off sound pretty much the same as for all intent and purpose, they are the same thing bar the underbonnet sealing.