Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic

Advice about Ek Civic Headunit Install

Hey guys,

I recently bought myself a 2000 EK Honda Civic Cxi ( very happy with the buy )
    Im looking into putting in an aftermarket headunit for ipod connectivity. Im wondering about this because the stock honda player seems larger than the standard single DIN stereos.

(This is what the centre console bit looks like. Note: not my car)

My question is, would I need to get an adaptor plate? (if so, where would I get one)
    Or will it slot in just with a swap of the players?

Sorry for the noob question but ive tried searching here and the web but with mixed results.

Many Thanks

Account Disabled Array
    The single DIN unit you buy should include a basic housing that will fix the unit in place.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic
    Awesome, thanks for that. I was just thinking that it was the case but clarification is good

Member Array
    Car:
    DC1 Integra. Yh
    Yeah Single DIN headunit + Mounting bracket. That's why it looks so big. It needs a bracket but also the surrounding bracket. You'll see the difference when you get your headunit.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic
    So is the mounting bracket already there with either Headunit or do i need to fab one up?

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven1 View Post
    So is the mounting bracket already there with either Headunit or do i need to fab one up?
    As ericl33 said aftermarket headunits should come with a mounting bracket(i call it a cage) which will allow you to mount it in your ek.
    They look something like this

Once its installed your head unit will slide into the cage and clip into place.
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    The oem headunit is fairly simple to remove and any headunit unit get should be just plug and play slide it and some cage mechanism locks it in. Most Aftermarket HU has the cage designed onto it. AlsoTry getting adapters on ebay for honda plug to the standard plug or whatever for the headunit. It will save you alot of time on your install ;D .

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Buy a HU harness so u can have a cleaner installation and quicker as well.... JBhifi or autobarn always have em, Dont need to cut ur oem harness up but rather just connect that harness the one u buy and wire it up to hu, plug and play really.
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2000 EK Civic
    Thanks for all the advice guys, good to have the forum help .
    Ill be picking up the harness for sure, they make the job so much cleaner.
    Also tempted to do a 4 ch amp and speakers while im at it, if money allows