s 2 0 0 0 .. Array
    Car:
    JDM70Y

2006 DC5 Type S Inidicators not working after installing headunit, Amp and Sub.

Hey guys,

Just installed a head-unit amp and sub for my mate today in his DC5S, first of all ive done many installations before and have popped fuses before, im no pro but i can honestly say i know my fair share.

Did everything as usual took as much care as possible, the only things that i can think of that might of affected the blinkers are...

1. When i was attaching the BAT+ cable copped a little spark, now this usually always happens with me it wasn't over the top tho like a firework show, ive had worse and nothing blew.

2. There were 2 red wires that i didn't hook up that were on the OEM head-unit, but im pretty sure these were illumination wire and stereo dimmer wire, which didn't have any connections on the new HU harness.

Also my mate said he had checked all the fuses and said they're all fine, he doesn't really have a mechanical mind so i don't know if he looked in the right place, as he left and then told me after they didn't work, so i didn't get a chance to look at it myself.

So please if anyone MIGHT even know the problem please let me know!

Thanks in advance guys.

+kyobi imaging / Shooting star

1 3 5
    ├┼┼┐
    2 4 6 R

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra DA9
    Fuses is MOST LIKELY double check them or u know what change the INDICATORS/HAZARDS fuse/s anyway just to be safe on the side.

Is the hazard light switch wires running behind the head unit? (i am not to familiar with the electronics of a dc5 never worked on one). Sometimes if the hazard light switch is removed/disconnected it can screw up the blinkers.
    ------
    2 RED wires.. you need to find out what they're exactly for you never know it might be one of those stupid ass designs that require you to put those wires together etc. If all else fails. You need new Relays for your blinkers most probably that will be the last possible issue.

Im not a dc5 person so .. dnt know much but i figured no one is replying so maybe some light would help out.

Make sure you replug in your Hazard light button plug back in. As the indicators in the DC5 won't work without the hazard light button connected.

Quote Originally Posted by lemmiwinks View Post
    Make sure you replug in your Hazard light button plug back in. As the indicators in the DC5 won't work without the hazard light button connected.
    great point ! I installed my alarm....couldnt work out why the indicators wouldnt work. The hazard switch was disconnected !

LoL same thing happened to me yesterday. Drove my car after I installed my new Head Deck, realised my blinkers wern't working when I turned left lol. *shakes head* Fixed it up when I pulled over.
    I'll admit I drove the car for a good ten mins till I decided to fix it haha

Luckily it was late, no cars on the road.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    great point ! I installed my alarm....couldnt work out why the indicators wouldnt work. The hazard switch was disconnected !
    yep..

Plug in the Harness plug at the back of the Hazard switch. - this will fix your problem.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......