Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Vti-r clutch

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mini_s2000
    hey, mine is just getting replaced now.... i'm changing the brass button to the exedy organic clutch! the exedy is supposed to be a great upgrade.
    ohhh, i'd certainly think twice about the exedy brand...

First exedy organic I installed slipped from day one.
    When I spoke to Adelaide Clutch (maker of exedy) about it, they basically admitted they had issues with the pressure plate design... Thanks for telling me AFTER i spent $400.

This time I went for a ACT Pressure Plate and exedy CERAMIC.

Beautiful!

Heh problems with the pressure plate ay??
    That's bizzare cause I have seen a quite new excedy pressure plate snap into 3 pieces on a mild tuned N/A DC2R. I was skeptical until I went to the workshop and saw it on the ground with my own two eyes.

Wonder if this "issue" was from a bad batch in production.
    DLUG Racing

Banned Array
    Car:
    Gen3 CRX
    quite possibly..

and this was going back a few yrs also.

Member Array
    Car:
    Ventura Bus Route
    im sure it would be more of a common problem if the fault was still to date. every product has its good and bad batches.

One Eyed Monster Array
    Car:
    1995 EG5 Vti Hatch
    must be a common mis-conception of what a HD clutch really is then, as I (like probably quite a few others) assumed that a HD clutch was designed specifically to take higher loads without failing, where an OEM clutch would fail....not just a heavier feel etc...

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin
    Often - a "HD clutch kit" ( non-organic) is JUST a OEM clutch disc , with a slightly harder clamping pressure plate. That is , heavier feel + torque transfer etc. So....why not go HD !

Member Array
    Car:
    prelude vti-r & s2k
    got my exedy organic clutch installed today!!! i'm wearing it in but i can say it feels 100 times better than the brass button i used to have in!