Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

B20b vtec conversion

Hello there, im new here and have just purchased a Civic. I have been hearing alot about the b20b vtec conversion and wanted to know if this conversion is firstly worth the time and money to do vs going out and buying a ready b18c vtec.

thank you heaps

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 Accord
    There are alot on this forum that claim and write alot,99% of it is just plain B/S when it comes to a B20Vtec engine,when Toda or Tinkerbell write something take note its very good info.
    The life of a 4 stroke engine
    It sucks it squeezes it bangs it blows

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    ive converted from B16 to a B20VTEC and i must say the torque and power is tremendous.

as soon as you put your foot down she picks up the RPM very very quick and looses traction from 1st-3rd gear on 17inch wheels street tyres lol.

im working on my sussy setup now and might take her to the tracks ... but will need more cooling parts like - oil cooler, full length radiator and better brake setup - SS braided brake lines, bigger calipers or spoon calipers/rotors to suit.

i would say - do it if you have the budget - ive driven B18C and turboed B16's ...still nothing compared to an all motor built B20VTEC FTW!
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    BB AP1
    Quote Originally Posted by IV73CI View Post
    ive converted from B16 to a B20VTEC and i must say the torque and power is tremendous.

as soon as you put your foot down she picks up the RPM very very quick and looses traction from 1st-3rd gear on 17inch wheels street tyres lol.

im working on my sussy setup now and might take her to the tracks ... but will need more cooling parts like - oil cooler, full length radiator and better brake setup - SS braided brake lines, bigger calipers or spoon calipers/rotors to suit.

i would say - do it if you have the budget - ive driven B18C and turboed B16's ...still nothing compared to an all motor built B20VTEC FTW!
    How is it for a daily though? is the low end torque any good?

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    The low end torque would be one of the best things about a B20vtec
    part time potato

Member Array
    Car:
    2010 cu2 euro
    Would love to have one built for my car. Sick of no down low from my b16 but everything comes with a hefty tag

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by manonastick View Post
    How is it for a daily though? is the low end torque any good?
    Yeh its awesomeness lol.. My s300 is tuned with a nice hefty vtec curves all across the ranges... Low or high end put ur foot down the rpm/speedo climbs up without any struggles.

Quote Originally Posted by Vvvtec View Post
    The low end torque would be one of the best things about a B20vtec
    Wurrdd.. Helps aswell with a good tuner and im running on E85 fuel too..

Quote Originally Posted by blabla View Post
    Would love to have one built for my car. Sick of no down low from my b16 but everything comes with a hefty tag
    Originally was going down the forced induction path.. But since i alredy have a turboed fozzy xti (225awkw) there was no point in having another turbo car.. Not worth the fuel costs nowadays.

Thas right nice hefty empty pockets with a hole through it.. After u sum up all te costs involved.

But at the end.. 146fwkw on normal tune and has plenty of potential for my v2 final tune. Hoping at least 155+kw ..
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Thank you for all your responses. I shouldve maybe clarified from the start that i will be needing the car to last, i will be doing over 40000 kilometres per year and the last thing i want is unecesary fixes that i will have to do. Either i build a b20b vtec or get a b18c, either way you look at it, i want something to last

Regards

Member Array
    Car:
    BREEZE
    Aslong as its built and tuned properly, the B20 can go the distance I guess. Obviously it comes down to how you drive it aswell
    part time potato

Array
    Car:
    08 Red CU2 Euro
    Or buy a built one with a 2 or 3 year warranty
    TODA Performance Australia Pty Ltd
    TODA Racing - FIGHTEX - MFactory - HALTECH - EXEDY
    Race engines, Dyno tuning, Licenced workshop, Parts.
    P:0401869524 email: toda@todaracing.com.au

wot u got done to ur b20 to get that power?

Quote Originally Posted by IV73CI View Post
    Yeh its awesomeness lol.. My s300 is tuned with a nice hefty vtec curves all across the ranges... Low or high end put ur foot down the rpm/speedo climbs up without any struggles.

Wurrdd.. Helps aswell with a good tuner and im running on E85 fuel too..

Originally was going down the forced induction path.. But since i alredy have a turboed fozzy xti (225awkw) there was no point in having another turbo car.. Not worth the fuel costs nowadays.

Thas right nice hefty empty pockets with a hole through it.. After u sum up all te costs involved.

But at the end.. 146fwkw on normal tune and has plenty of potential for my v2 final tune. Hoping at least 155+kw ..