Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    You know you want too... Array
    Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2

car wont start - battery??

Hey guys,

Ive got a problem.

got home this arvo to move the car and turning the key did nothing, no reds, no clicks no nothing... so i thought the battery was discharged (again - yeh i know). So i brought my other car around and put the jumpers on and still nothing... left the other car running with some revs to get some charge... still nothing, not even reds

SO i took the jumpers off and put a charger on for half an hour to see if even the reds will come on... nothing...

THe battery is a Supercharge godl and is about a year old, i keep letting battery's die because i dont drive the car and i dont have a charger... stupid and irresponsible yes i know

Now whats getting me is the fact that i cant get any power at all even with a jump... i wwould assume that with the jump it bypassess the battery and feeds directly to the starter etc... so i cant understand whats hapepenning...

Is there a main fuse or something i need to look for? i just dont understand why i got no reds or anything...
    - not removed by choice! - waiting for the next update to the saga
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/profile...=ignore&u=6316

get a trickle charger.....i use a CTEK charger + quick charge accessory. It runs a line from your + and - to a handy little dongle , which the carger hooks up to. Plug it in when you leave the car for more than a few days....topit up and keeps in in top condition.

Anyway , tired another battery ? Are the terminals 100% tight ?
    The supercharge may be totally dead and cant be revived - dont try and charge it , it may blow up.

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    i had an old charger hooked to it for the half hour, then i put the ctek on it from the motorbike and the ctek wouldnt even register it - it wont if the battery is totally dead...

the terminals were fine when i garaged the car 2 weeks ago...they are actually immaculate, no corosion or anyhting...

i guess one thing i could try is to remove the terminals and hook directly to another cars battery through the jump cables as a next step... completely eliminating the battery as a potential issue? i just cant see why i cant even get reds? it doesnt make sense?

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    What i need to clarify is - when i am jumpin the battery, is the battery still what is being used to power the car? ie, is it still part of the circuit? or will the charge from the other car go straight past the battery and pwoer the car up?

not sure if this makes sense, but to picture it as a circuit, when you put the jumper cables on, does the power go through the system before the battery in the circuit or after?

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilli View Post
    What i need to clarify is - when i am jumpin the battery, is the battery still what is being used to power the car? ie, is it still part of the circuit? or will the charge from the other car go straight past the battery and pwoer the car up?

not sure if this makes sense, but to picture it as a circuit, when you put the jumper cables on, does the power go through the system before the battery in the circuit or after?
    No.

The jump from the car donor is only to give the old battery a boost to start up.

But if the overall voltage is less than 10v then its not enough to boost start the car - even if the jump car is being revved.

The old battery's internal electrodes need to still have minimal voltage/current & distilled water to keep its life and so that it can be spared for charging.

Otherwise if the electrodes are dry as an old grannys fanny.. Then bin that old batt and buy new.
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    sounds like an ignition switch issue, or aftermarket alarm issue

Quote Originally Posted by ECU-MAN View Post
    sounds like an ignition switch issue, or aftermarket alarm issue
    valid point.

Sometimes an aftermarket alarm hold a memory, but when the battery has been discharged for such a long time, it will reset itself.

I would have swapped a battery from a good car into the vehicle in question to see how things go, before spending money.

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    Well I did thiunk about the alarm and after market immobiliser etc... but based on the immobilisation points, I still should be able to get reds at least, I'm getting no power whatsoever, so there's no power in the circuit at all..

If I remove the battery terminals and attach jumper leads directly to them with without being attached to the battery, I assume that will be the same as putting a fresh battery in right? Rather than removing a good battery from another car and connecting it up? The battery,s charge indicator is red and didn't change even when I tried to charge it...

Ecuman - how do I check the ignition switch? Obviously I'll eliminate the battery issue first, but keen to understand whether that's something the average Joe can do?

Member Array
    Car:
    Nonda Tiburon
    Ahh the good ole battery

I had exactly the same problem with mine

My car was rarely driven and would often die if didnt disconnect the negative terminal.

As Ben said try a different battery before spending on a new one

You wont be able to jump start a completely flat battery, not to mention its actually quite risky too

If you have a battery charger try charging the battery for a few days and try it out then

Mine got to the point that the battery cells itself were completely dead and couldnt even hold charge for 24hrs so I just bought another one

FYI, my battery was less than 18months old and died about 6 times rofl
    ..OzHonda Spam Crew..
    ..We Welcome You Abourd!..

DC2R/DC5R Parts for SALE!

Car:
    DC2R + VT750c2
    ^ thanks for the response...

this one is less than 12 months old and went completely flat 1 month in - its had about 600km in the last 10 months or so i'd guess

anyway im going to try and jump the car directly from my ute - i'll remove the battery terminals and connect the jumper cables directly to the terminals rather than on the terminals while theyre on the battery to rule out the battery as the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Zilli View Post
    ^ thanks for the response...

this one is less than 12 months old and went completely flat 1 month in - its had about 600km in the last 10 months or so i'd guess

anyway im going to try and jump the car directly from my ute - i'll remove the battery terminals and connect the jumper cables directly to the terminals rather than on the terminals while theyre on the battery to rule out the battery as the problem...
    you'll still lose voltage though the jumper cables if you have low quality leads.

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    would it be dangerous to jump start a flat agm batteries?
    why is it dangerous anyway?

zilli did you figure out what is draining you battery so quickly?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre